6th Round Pick

bradjock

I would try a trade down and target a developmental CB (Nick Marshall?) and a speed WR/return man (Mario Alford?).

I would like Marshall, get some training and see what he can do. They said at the Senior Bowl that he had some skills as a CB, why not.

I would pick IEO if still there.

Short but a tough kid.

I would try a trade down and target a developmental CB (Nick Marshall?) and a speed WR/return man (Mario Alford?).

If we trade down for an extra pick I'd like to see a TE taken. Not sure what's out there but both Fox and Pace seem to know what they're looking for in that position. Perhaps a diamond in the rough?

If we trade down for an extra pick I'd like to see a TE taken. Not sure what's out there but both Fox and Pace seem to know what they're looking for in that position. Perhaps a diamond in the rough?

There's a TE from Iowa State, EJ Bibbs. Pass-catcher and apparently recently indicated that he always dreamed of being a Bear. Just throwing it out there.

There's a TE from Iowa State, EJ Bibbs. Pass-catcher and apparently recently indicated that he always dreamed of being a Bear. Just throwing it out there.

The Bears select T Tayo Fabuluje of TCU.

0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply Retweet Favorite

More

He was the 166th rated player by Matt Miller

OGTAYO FABULUJETCU BIG 12

Photo of Tayo Fabuluje

COMBINE RESULTS

GRADE

?

5.55 SEC

29.5 INCH

4.77 SEC

6'6"

HEIGHT

34"

ARM LENGTH

353LBS.

WEIGHT

9 7/8"

HANDS

OVERVIEW

2014: Honorable mention All-Big 12. Started 12 games at LT. 2013: Did not play football. Transferred back to BYU, but had no contact with football team. Left the TCU football team just before football camp. 2012: Played all 13 games, starting 12.

2011: Sat out year due to transfer rules. 2010: Redshirted at BYU.

PRO DAY RESULTS

Broad jump: 8 feet, 2 inches

Bench press: 16 reps of 225 pounds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Enormous frame. Possesses a very strong core and is a difficult draw for heads-up defenders in run game. Natural, raw strength to generate push at the point and is very difficult to bull rush. Nimble feet for a man his size. Has shown ability to redirect rushers around the pocket and stuff inside moves. Can move laterally and shows some smoothness climbing to second level. Flashes power in his hands and the potential to mash when on the move. Has been losing weight over the last year and has potential to play lighter than listed weight.

WEAKNESSES Missed three years of football due to redshirting and sitting out between stints at TCU and BYU. A little stiff in his lower body. Shallow kick-slide puts him in catch-up mode against edge speed. Shuffles feet, causing him to overset and play with high pad level. As a tackle, needs time to fix his footwork issues. Lazy with hands/hand placement and doesn't snatch and sustain enough. Takes suspect angles to second level targets on the move. Play demeanor isn't as nasty as desired and body needs refining.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 6 or 7

SOURCES TELL US "His body language can be deceiving. When you watch him at a practice he looks like this oafish kid who doesn't care, and then when you talk to him and watch the tape you see that's not the case. I would love to see what he could do at about 335 pounds." -- NFC East area scout

NFL COMPARISON Marcus Cannon

BOTTOM LINE Huge tackle with natural strength and nimble feet. Played just two years of college football and has had to overcome difficult circumstances in his life. His footwork issues will take time to fix and might still be exploited by NFL defenders. Fabuluje might be best served moving inside, where his strength and short-area movement skills will be viewed as big pluses by offensive line coaches.

RELATED LINKS

Brandt: Official TCU pro day results