Paul Cornick signed to Bears

madlithuanian

Not liking the comments I'm seeing here...

www.milehighreport.com/2015/5/4/8547935/denver-broncos-waive-t-paul-cornick-and-wr-jeremy-kelley

(Might have to copy and paste link)

A lot of people calling him the worst OT in the league....That of course is false though...Jordan Mills is.

He seemed to be used as a 6th OLinemen as well (in lieu of TE) with some success.

Cornick is also familiar with Gase's system (like Montgomery), so hopefully they can speed up the learning process for the rest of the line. Also, the familiarity might give him the initial edge over Mills because Mills was bad enough knowing the system last year.

He seemed to be used as a 6th OLinemen as well (in lieu of TE) with some success.

Cornick is also familiar with Gase's system (like Montgomery), so hopefully they can speed up the learning process for the rest of the line. Also, the familiarity might give him the initial edge over Mills because Mills was bad enough knowing the system last year.

Sounds more like the new Eben Britton than a new RT.

He's more competition for the RT spot and that can't be a bad thing but let's hope Cornick doesn't win the job so we'll know we have someone better at that spot. Cornick seems to be a better run blocker than pass blocker and it's obvious once again that is priority over pass protection which is the complete opposite from what Trestman wanted. If it's run blocking first then I hope Fabuluje wins the job.

If Cornick is as bad as the Broncos fans stated then it's odd that Gase and Fox bring him in here. Fox is on his last job in the NFL so he might not be so worried about how things end up but Gase is looking to become a HC. Who made this call? I saw comments on the Denver message board that Cornick would be a better OG than RT. Perhaps Gase and Fox see the same and brought him here to compete with Ola instead of Mills?

This is an understatement since Fox got fired…. but there must have been a huge rift between Fox/Gase and Elway/Manning on how to setup and run the offense. For an offense that was ranked so highly it amazing how much conflict was going on. It's going to be very interesting to see how this shakes out as we get into the season. Peyton will be Peyton but will they be running the ball as effectively as they did last year? Cutler will be Cutler but will we be running the ball? If so, behind who?

Heck, Mills isn't as bad as we say he is either. Fans are fans. I'm certain our OL will be better this year than last.

The line was bad last year because of injuries. I can't remember the number, but the Bears sent out a ridiculously high number of starting line ups for them last year. Having Slauson and Long healthy will be huge. I thought Slauson was a beast 2 years ago. A little health will go a long way.