Ego slimming down to play a DE role?

madlithuanian

Also, the DTs are more likely to get on the field in a four man front on nickel and that means pass rush.

Guys like Allen, Young and Furgeson are better suited to a four man front, and we will play lots of it, keeping everyone fresh.

Honestly it makes our Nickel kinda nasty cuz people are better rested and have a 4-3 type skill set and a chip on their shoulders.

Also, the DTs are more likely to get on the field in a four man front on nickel and that means pass rush.

Guys like Allen, Young and Furgeson are better suited to a four man front, and we will play lots of it, keeping everyone fresh.

Honestly it makes our Nickel kinda nasty cuz people are better rested and have a 4-3 type skill set and a chip on their shoulders.

I read somewhere that Fangio's nickel package is a 2-5-4. So I would say thats Ratliff and Goldman upfront. Houston, Pernell, Jones, Foster, Acho are on the field. The back 4 will be Rolle,Fuller,Ball, Jennings.

I read somewhere that Fangio's nickel package is a 2-5-4. So I would say thats Ratliff and Goldman upfront. Houston, Pernell, Jones, Foster, Acho are on the field. The back 4 will be Rolle,Fuller,Ball, Jennings.

I've read 2-4-5 which makes a lot more sense than 2-5-4. Nickel package is on passing downs, not sure you want 5 LBs out there va 5 DBs.

Add Mundy, drop Acho. Also I'd be surprised if McDonald wasn't one of the 2 out there. He was in SF.

Fangio does have some some packages where they a 4th man in with their hand in the dirt though.

As for Ego, I like it. He's got pretty good length and should do well as a DE. Ratliff may get the job out of the box but Ego could be that guy for the future.

I've read 2-4-5 which makes a lot more sense than 2-5-4. Nickel package is on passing downs, not sure you want 5 LBs out there va 5 DBs.

Add Mundy, drop Acho. Also I'd be surprised if McDonald wasn't one of the 2 out there. He was in SF.

Fangio does have some some packages where they a 4th man in with their hand in the dirt though.

As for Ego, I like it. He's got pretty good length and should do well as a DE. Ratliff may get the job out of the box but Ego could be that guy for the future.

I got that wrong , your right.

If the 2-5-4 (or 2-4-5) ends up being true, I agree about the Ratliff/Goldman front.

I hope it's not Acho, he's not that good of a player and that doesn't bode well.

For the defense I found this which may have already been posted here:

Base defense:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/5/2/42942...ickel-4-3-under

http://dabearsbeat.com/2015/01/21/what-cou...der-vic-fangio/

Nickel defense. Here I see Amos fitting in very well if he learns the role.

http://bearingthenews.com/?p=3463