Front Office Additions (Personnel and Scouting)

CrackerDog

#Bears hired Anthony “Champ” Kelly to become their new director of pro personnel. Kelly was previously with the Broncos. - Dan Durkin

Ravens national scout Joe Douglas, who has been with team for 15 years, is going to Chicago Bears as college scouting director, per source. - Adam Schefter

I like this. Pulling from some winning organizations and Ravens drafts have been strong, hopefully this guy was part of the reason why!

Yep. Contrary to the bad feelings of one member of this board, I really can't find fault in anything Pace has done thus far. I think he's done an A+ job. Time will certainly tell, of course, but who can complain about the coaching, scouting or personnel decisions made at this point? I never thought it could all be done in one season but I'm starting to think that despite a grinder of a schedule we might be able to get back to respectable this season.

And after that, with the pieces he's put in place, I think we've got a professional staff that could lead this team to great things.

#Bears hired Anthony “Champ” Kelly to become their new director of pro personnel. Kelly was previously with the Broncos. - Dan Durkin

Ravens national scout Joe Douglas, who has been with team for 15 years, is going to Chicago Bears as college scouting director, per source. - Adam Schefter

I really like getting a guy from the Ravens. 15 years of scouting for a team that is always one of the better drafting teams. Bringing in a guy that has seen how the Ravens do what they do will pay dividends.

I really like what Pace has done overall. Do I agree with everything he has done, no but overall I am really happy with the big picture.

Did Ernie help get Fox in the door, yes but Pace still had to sell Fox on teaming together to do this. Fox would not have taken the job had Pace not convinced him where he wanted to go with the Bears.

Pace has not tried to be smarter than everyone else with draft picks. He hired an experienced coach and then they were able to form a really good staff.

Now its time to let the Coaches see what they got as far as talent and scheme around that to put the Bears in the best chance to win.

Right now Pace/ Fox and company have my trust!!!!