Ray McDonald arrested again, ugh

adam

I said it was a moronic signing to begin with. Looks like I was right.

Can't believe there were people that were trying to talk themselves into this signing. This is a BAD guy. Point blank.

Considering they released a top WR in the league for being annoying to ownership, I hated that they signed him. If he gets cleared again, I'm sure he will be a solid player. It just sends a bad message when you do that.

Sigh, he was my biggest factor to the Bears having a rock solid run defense. Wonder if this might push Houston back to DE.

I agree he was the foundation of a potentially solid line.

All good teams take risks, the worst person in the NFL of that last few years happened to be on the Super Bowl winners. I have no problem with taking risks, this one turned out bad. The reason he was here is Vic Fangio pushed and backed him. Everybody went along with his recommendations. Vic made a poor judgement call, but today is the first day we know that to be true. If a football team never takes risks, it will never be successful. I applaud them for trying and saddens me it turned out bad. I have been listening to the SCORE all day and one caller put it best. There are bad people in the NFL, people deserve second chances, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, its probably a duck. It is not a mistake to try to be a good football team, all of the choices wont be the right ones, this one proved wrong. This didnt cost anything but a little amount of hope, and that's all were hoping for.

I agree he was the foundation of a potentially solid line.

All good teams take risks, the worst person in the NFL of that last few years happened to be on the Super Bowl winners. I have no problem with taking risks, this one turned out bad. The reason he was here is Vic Fangio pushed and backed him. Everybody went along with his recommendations. Vic made a poor judgement call, but today is the first day we know that to be true. If a football team never takes risks, it will never be successful. I applaud them for trying and saddens me it turned out bad. I have been listening to the SCORE all day and one caller put it best. There are bad people in the NFL, people deserve second chances, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, its probably a duck. It is not a mistake to try to be a good football team, all of the choices wont be the right ones, this one proved wrong. This didnt cost anything but a little amount of hope, and that's all were hoping for.

Pace has just spoken, he said that we believe in second chances and gave Ray a chance to prove his worth. Continued trouble has caused us to move on. (not his words)(the jest of the statement)

Some people never learn. Sad the guy was given a 2nd chance and shits all over it.

Hey, the Bears did their research and felt he was not guilty of the first two situations, told him what the expected from him and he didnt follow it. They did the right thing by releasing him.

Overall, this worked out as it should have. I wasn't super thrilled to have a guy with such a checkered past on board, but I figured the Bears did their due diligence and figured who not give the guy a second chance if all the accusations were false.

He was given a very short leash. And he botched it. Whether or not anything actually happened, he is at minimum guilty of yet again putting himself in a compromising position. The team was right in letting him go.

At the end of the day, I am happy in the end result. I really like to root for my players. I can compartmentalize that guys are a-holes, etc...but actual violent offenders are tough to really root for. For instance, I had a very hard timing rooting for Ricky Manning Jr.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Manning

In retrospect, it probably would have been best to pass on McDonald. But, he is not a Bear now. I also think McCaskey's comments earlier sound a bit foolish now. But, it'll pass and hopefully he learns from it.

My biggest concern is now on Fangio. I can't imagine he has any more pull regarding personnel decisions... He stuck his neck out and needs to pay the price for doing so. Hopefully, he can prove himself down the road.

Fangio should be told to coach the defense and we'll get you the players. From this point forward Pace and Fox should have the final say on signings and if its FA no one with a checkered past, because of how scrutinized it will be for the team and the player.

Agreed.

Fangio should be told to coach the defense and we'll get you the players. From this point forward Pace and Fox should have the final say on signings and if its FA no one with a checkered past, because of how scrutinized it will be for the team and the player.

The part that I'm happy to see is that the Bears wasted no time releasing him. We speculated what the stipulations of his deal were and how short the leash would be. Very glad to see that the Bears were swift and did the right thing. Even if he is cleared this guy has a pattern of putting himself in bad situations. With the talk about bringing in quality character players I was surprised they even took a chance on him, but clearly the deal was a prove you can keep your nose clean and be a productive member of society and this team. He has the talent to be be a valuable asset. Had it worked out it would have been a good deal for us, but it didn't so he's gone no one's fault but his. But I'm sure glad this incident didn't occur and have to wait as our front office/staff figured out what they were going to do, they had a unified agreement if something like this happened and they acted quickly.

That's one thing I have liked since the end of last season. There has been a swiftness and a sense of purpose to the moves we've made from firing Dr. Death and Emery, to hiring Pace and brining in Fox and assembling the staff. We won't all agree on every decision, not every decision will be correct, but, when a mistake is made (in this case signing McDonald) we fix the mistake and move forward.

Since I was curious I had to see what for. Apparently it was due to his violating the restraining order from the last most recent arrest. And in case you missed it, this article also mentions that the DA is still considering charges on the earlier sexual assault accusations.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la...0527-story.html

And one last tidbit of information. The last DV arrest was allegedly due to his action towards a child. Truly a legitimate friggin POS!

Since I was curious I had to see what for. Apparently it was due to his violating the restraining order from the last most recent arrest. And in case you missed it, this article also mentions that the DA is still considering charges on the earlier sexual assault accusations.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la...0527-story.html

And one last tidbit of information. The last DV arrest was allegedly due to his action towards a child. Truly a legitimate friggin POS!

He is a a idiot, he pushed his girlfriend while holding the baby, not exactly beating someone with a baseball bat. It is all blown out of proportion , but we need him gone because he is so stupid to keep walking into a volatile situation.

He is a a idiot, he pushed his girlfriend while holding the baby, not exactly beating someone with a baseball bat. It is all blown out of proportion , but we need him gone because he is so stupid to keep walking into a volatile situation.

You were doing good until the bolded part. Can't offer ANY type of excuse for that behavior.