Not Bears related but Chicago related...

Alaskan Grizzly

No, dont they have tv in Alaska? we're 12 years removed from that regime.

Not that I didn't believe you, but I don't. From Wikipedia (Jerry Reinsdorf - owner and chairman of Bulls): "He (Reinsdorf) is controversial for his involvement (along with Jerry Krause) in breaking up the championship team by not hiring back key personnel such as Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan." I thought that name sounded familiar. Thanks for schooling me...again. <_>

It was all Krause. Jerry just gave Krause the authority...

Not that I didn't believe you, but I don't. From Wikipedia (Jerry Reinsdorf - owner and chairman of Bulls): "He (Reinsdorf) is controversial for his involvement (along with Jerry Krause) in breaking up the championship team by not hiring back key personnel such as Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan." I thought that name sounded familiar. Thanks for schooling me...again. <_>

Jerry Reinsdorf is the principle owner, Krause was running the team when the breakup occur. The owner is always there, so blame him for everything. He is ultimately involved in all decisions.The front office is who is running the team at the time. You may want to watch your wording when you wish to make a point.

I"m glad Thibs is gone and I'm not sure why it took so long after the last loss. He's a good coach but there are better coaches. The way the team played against the Bucks and Cavs was horrible. Why was he double teaming LeBron out beyond the 3pt line with his center? All LeBron did was wait for the double team then pass to the wide open shooters who kept hitting 3's, or they'd kick it inside to big guys who had easy layups. Gasol is not nearly as good of an interior defender so leaving him to cover two players inside does not work. At some point Thibs should have realized this isn't working but he kept with it well into the 4th quarter and right to the end of the last game. LeBron was laughing at it because we just kept on doing it. Jimmy Butler was doing just fine guarding LeBron so no need to constantly leave shooters wide open like that.

Other things I'm tired of is the same offensive play run over and over and over. Plus his teams never figured out how to run a pick and roll. If you are going to always do a pick and roll with your PG way up high then it's really helpful to do it with a big guy who can shoot outside. Noah is a great passer but he's not making anyone worry about his shot 20 ft from the basket. Why not run this more with Gasol? Noah is a great garbage man around the rim and needs to be setting the screens down low so he can stay where he is most effective. He's also a great interior passer giving him the ball in the post he can still be effective passing to cutting players.

Derek Rose never learned how to setup the picks right either so somebody needs to get in his ear and tell him to quit leaving so early before the pick is set. That's high school basketball stuff. I don't think Thibs would get on him as he should have, or maybe Rose doesn't listen. Either way we need a new coach who can get these guys playing together on offense better than they have been the last few seasons. We've made it far to easy for other teams to play defense.

Enough venting....I just think there more than can be done with the roster we had and it's time to find someone better. My only worry is that the leading candidate is Fred Hoiberg who has built my Cyclones back to an annual top 25 team.

Bring on Hoiberg! Offense was too simple/predictable.

Last years team despite having less offensive fire power scored just as many points per game as this years team. That seems mind boggling to me considering Butlers emergence, and the additions of Pau and Niko.

Tying this into something Pace said, the relationship between GM and HC needs to be a good one, that relationship obviously wasnt there in Chicago.

I"m glad Thibs is gone and I'm not sure why it took so long after the last loss. He's a good coach but there are better coaches. The way the team played against the Bucks and Cavs was horrible. Why was he double teaming LeBron out beyond the 3pt line with his center? All LeBron did was wait for the double team then pass to the wide open shooters who kept hitting 3's, or they'd kick it inside to big guys who had easy layups. Gasol is not nearly as good of an interior defender so leaving him to cover two players inside does not work. At some point Thibs should have realized this isn't working but he kept with it well into the 4th quarter and right to the end of the last game. LeBron was laughing at it because we just kept on doing it. Jimmy Butler was doing just fine guarding LeBron so no need to constantly leave shooters wide open like that.

Other things I'm tired of is the same offensive play run over and over and over. Plus his teams never figured out how to run a pick and roll. If you are going to always do a pick and roll with your PG way up high then it's really helpful to do it with a big guy who can shoot outside. Noah is a great passer but he's not making anyone worry about his shot 20 ft from the basket. Why not run this more with Gasol? Noah is a great garbage man around the rim and needs to be setting the screens down low so he can stay where he is most effective. He's also a great interior passer giving him the ball in the post he can still be effective passing to cutting players.

Derek Rose never learned how to setup the picks right either so somebody needs to get in his ear and tell him to quit leaving so early before the pick is set. That's high school basketball stuff. I don't think Thibs would get on him as he should have, or maybe Rose doesn't listen. Either way we need a new coach who can get these guys playing together on offense better than they have been the last few seasons. We've made it far to easy for other teams to play defense.

Enough venting....I just think there more than can be done with the roster we had and it's time to find someone better. My only worry is that the leading candidate is Fred Hoiberg who has built my Cyclones back to an annual top 25 team.

Couldn't agree more. There are many good things Thibs did but also many bad things, burning players out in the regular season, simplistic and predictable offense. Head scratching defensive calls at times, head scratching rotations, and play design. I think it was time for a change early on in his tenure here we saw a lot of good things happening we were a sound defensive team, a hustling team, a never die never quit attitude. Over the past couple seasons and more so this past season that is breaking down. The Bucks series was absolutely painful to watch. If the buck didn't suck so bad we wouldn't have made it out of that series. We looked out of sync more often than than we looked sharp. Turning over the ball like we're gunning for a turnover record. There's has been no consistency or balance or adjustment to our offense. We either take the first shot that presents itself or force one up from distance (when we aren't a great 3 point shooting team), or we pass the ball indefinitely till there's only a few seconds on the shot clock like a game of hot potato and more often than not it ends up in the hands of someone who has no shot or can't create their own shot resulting in either a shot clock violation, or horrible shot. We don't even seem to consistently do the hustle things either, fighting for loose balls, boxing out, etc. We take bad shots with no one near the rim, we don't box out on defense very well either which is compounded when like you said we double'd James out past the 3pt line leaving us vulnerable to easy buckets. The bulls I saw in the playoffs were a bulls team that seem to rarely show hustle and do the little things, a team playing very fundamentally unsound. There is also no adjustment to the game flow. We took game 1 against the cavs because they didn't defend the pick and pop, they adjusted we seemed lost once they took that away. The turnover issue could partly be due to the predictability of the offense teams know how to bait us into bad passes, bad shots, etc.

I'm not to big of how the front office of Gar/Pax is doing things too. Keep changing the tires on the car when the engine needs work is dumb. I loved Pax as a player, but they have meddled in things when they should let their coaches coach, the relationship between Thibs and management has been deteriorating for years, especially when they fired one of his assistants without involving him in the decision. The other bad thing is this is not some secret it's well known and been well documented. So that plays into searching for coaches. I hope Hoiberg pans out, but the management needs to let him do his job and manage his staff, not have deal with meddling. Management needs to just focus on managing the roster, draft and FA and get their coach the players he wants/needs to do his job.

Couldn't agree more. There are many good things Thibs did but also many bad things, burning players out in the regular season, simplistic and predictable offense. Head scratching defensive calls at times, head scratching rotations, and play design. I think it was time for a change early on in his tenure here we saw a lot of good things happening we were a sound defensive team, a hustling team, a never die never quit attitude. Over the past couple seasons and more so this past season that is breaking down. The Bucks series was absolutely painful to watch. If the buck didn't suck so bad we wouldn't have made it out of that series. We looked out of sync more often than than we looked sharp. Turning over the ball like we're gunning for a turnover record. There's has been no consistency or balance or adjustment to our offense. We either take the first shot that presents itself or force one up from distance (when we aren't a great 3 point shooting team), or we pass the ball indefinitely till there's only a few seconds on the shot clock like a game of hot potato and more often than not it ends up in the hands of someone who has no shot or can't create their own shot resulting in either a shot clock violation, or horrible shot. We don't even seem to consistently do the hustle things either, fighting for loose balls, boxing out, etc. We take bad shots with no one near the rim, we don't box out on defense very well either which is compounded when like you said we double'd James out past the 3pt line leaving us vulnerable to easy buckets. The bulls I saw in the playoffs were a bulls team that seem to rarely show hustle and do the little things, a team playing very fundamentally unsound. There is also no adjustment to the game flow. We took game 1 against the cavs because they didn't defend the pick and pop, they adjusted we seemed lost once they took that away. The turnover issue could partly be due to the predictability of the offense teams know how to bait us into bad passes, bad shots, etc.

I'm not to big of how the front office of Gar/Pax is doing things too. Keep changing the tires on the car when the engine needs work is dumb. I loved Pax as a player, but they have meddled in things when they should let their coaches coach, the relationship between Thibs and management has been deteriorating for years, especially when they fired one of his assistants without involving him in the decision. The other bad thing is this is not some secret it's well known and been well documented. So that plays into searching for coaches. I hope Hoiberg pans out, but the management needs to let him do his job and manage his staff, not have deal with meddling. Management needs to just focus on managing the roster, draft and FA and get their coach the players he wants/needs to do his job.

It's good to get perspective from others that are closer to the action. And apparently follow the teams (aside from the Bears) more diligently than I. If the majority of you think Thibs going away is good, so do I. I'm looking forward to what the new guy can do.

In the meantime GO HAWKS!!!!!

Blackhawks-Win.jpg

Go Hawks!

It's good to get perspective from others that are closer to the action. And apparently follow the teams (aside from the Bears) more diligently than I. If the majority of you think Thibs going away is good, so do I. I'm looking forward to what the new guy can do.

In the meantime GO HAWKS!!!!!

Blackhawks-Win.jpg