Ka Deem Carey

Alaskan Grizzly

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/24797...n=chicago-bears

Hard to believe that only year two of his career and he's already looking at a 'make or break' situation. So is this the case? (AZ did you get to see him play for the Wildcats?) From what I see, if anyone was expendable, Forte could/should be the one sent packing. Maybe in the form of a trade? In watching some film on he and Langford they quite literally look like the same back. Forte might have a little more of a jukability in the open field but when you compare their videos coming out of college, they are quite literally the same. Or would it be better to keep four? (Forte, Carey, Rodgers and Langford). Since Fox's offense seems to rely more on the RBC concept, perhaps its better to have more than less.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/24797...n=chicago-bears

Hard to believe that only year two of his career and he's already looking at a 'make or break' situation. So is this the case? (AZ did you get to see him play for the Wildcats?) From what I see, if anyone was expendable, Forte could/should be the one sent packing. Maybe in the form of a trade? In watching some film on he and Langford they quite literally look like the same back. Forte might have a little more of a jukability in the open field but when you compare their videos coming out of college, they are quite literally the same. Or would it be better to keep four? (Forte, Carey, Rodgers and Langford). Since Fox's offense seems to rely more on the RBC concept, perhaps its better to have more than less.

Grizz,

To me it is about the yards after contact. Langford seems to be pretty good in that category and also makes defenders miss. I would say he is comparable to a younger Forte, but Matt has clearly lost a step or two. Langford is a burner; Carey seems like the odd man out.

Grizz,

To me it is about the yards after contact. Langford seems to be pretty good in that category and also makes defenders miss. I would say he is comparable to a younger Forte, but Matt has clearly lost a step or two. Langford is a burner; Carey seems like the odd man out.

I might agree with this except that Carey brings another dimension to the running attack. Where Langford may be more an edge runner Carey is more up the middle. If I had to pick the three I'd say Forte, Langford and Carey with Rodgers being the odd man out. He hasn't shown much in his career to make me think he's a keeper but then again he's never really had the opportunity. But I'd keep him if I knew I could get something in exchange for Forte.

I might agree with this except that Carey brings another dimension to the running attack. Where Langford may be more an edge runner Carey is more up the middle. If I had to pick the three I'd say Forte, Langford and Carey with Rodgers being the odd man out. He hasn't shown much in his career to make me think he's a keeper but then again he's never really had the opportunity. But I'd keep him if I knew I could get something in exchange for Forte.

Every player with a new regime is in a (make or break year). Nobody last year was successful up the middle with Slauson hurt and Garza on the decline. After looking at tape of last year, Pace and Fox choose a RB in the 4th round which pretty well tells us, they didnt think much of our backups last year. I want everybody to be successful but adding a back with speed gives us a much brighter future than Carey does. Foxes RBC only comes into play when you dont have an outstanding RB to carry the load. We will use all three of our roster backs , not because of there ability but to keep Forte as fresh as possible thru the season.

Since there is no FB on the roster why not keep all four? 100 snaps in 16 games is no gage for anyone to measure what Carey can or can't do. With Forte in a walk year I feel we should hold on to the two young backs and figure out how we really want to use Rogers. I find it odd that someone is touting Rodgers as being a threat in the passing game when your featured back (Forte) just broke the record for receptions by an RB in a season. If Forte is healthy who is going to be on the field on 3rd down? This is another slow part of the year article that is totally speculative.

Every player with a new regime is in a (make or break year).

Since there is no FB on the roster why not keep all four? 100 snaps in 16 games is no gage for anyone to measure what Carey can or can't do. With Forte in a walk year I feel we should hold on to the two young backs and figure out how we really want to use Rogers.

I agree 100% with both of these statements. And with the new blocking scheme (I assume) we should have good success with whoever we plug in back there.

Since there is no FB on the roster why not keep all four? 100 snaps in 16 games is no gage for anyone to measure what Carey can or can't do. With Forte in a walk year I feel we should hold on to the two young backs and figure out how we really want to use Rogers. I find it odd that someone is touting Rodgers as being a threat in the passing game when your featured back (Forte) just broke the record for receptions by an RB in a season. If Forte is healthy who is going to be on the field on 3rd down? This is another slow part of the year article that is totally speculative.

Well said Lemon. And I might add that I think Langford is also able to catch out of the backfield.

I watched a lot of Carey and Rodgers when they were in college. I always admired both for their toughness despite their size disadvantage. I would take Carey in heartbeat over Rodgers as a RB. He's a tough quick inside runner that just keeps coming at you. Rodgers style was more based on making guys miss but once he bulked up for the NFL he hasn't had the same quickness he had in college. Rodgers, I assume, has the advantage in pass protection based on what I've read. Neither guy will run away from many players in the NFL. Carey will also have to be a better contributor on special teams if he's to stick.

I wouldn't count him out at all, not even from the #2 RB slot. We're assuming Langford owns the #2 slot but that's not a given for a rookie. Are we going to more of a zone blocking scheme that fits quick cutback runners with good vision? Carey will look good in that situation IMO.

Langford will likely be the best special teams player of the 3 backup RBs so he can hold down a roster spot one way or another. I totally agree that Langford's style is very similar to Forte's.

Of the 4 guys on the roster I'd say Carey would be the best one to give the ball to on 4th and goal from the 1, he's the guy who finds that little crease down low and drives through it. We don't exactly have anyone that is stellar at that situation so keep that in mind, nor is that enough to keep a job in the NFL.

This thread is the reason why I didn't like the draft pick. Another RB isn't really necessary. It basically throws Carey into the back-burner. That's too bad for a guy who hasn't received a chance to show what he can do on the field.

This thread is the reason why I didn't like the draft pick. Another RB isn't really necessary. It basically throws Carey into the back-burner. That's too bad for a guy who hasn't received a chance to show what he can do on the field.

There is a reason they drafted him, #1 - wanted more speed-#2- they must somewhere think the back to take Fortes spot as a starter wasnt on our roster yet. #3 They may think Langford is a difference maker. Because we had Jeffery and signed Royal, you could make the case for not taking White. White will be a stud, thats why we took him.