Interesting info

Alaskan Grizzly

So maybe it's slow and I'm looking for something, anything Bears related. Saw this speculative report (below) about the Bears looking at FA Evan Mathis (I'm for the 'no thanks' category). But what caught my attention was that the Bears are $8.1 million BELOW the cap at this point. That is with something like 90 players currently on the roster right? Seems pretty incredible. Of course I k is there are a few that need contract upgrades but still, seems pretty impressive.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0623-story.html

Mathis is an option worth looking at for sure but we shouldn't be paying his price. I don't like Ducasse and Mills is very suspect. Unfortunately, but maybe not surprising given his lack of experience, I haven't heard any positives about Fabaluje. I still think long term Fabaluje will pan out but we can't wait for that nor can we force him into action before he's ready. Other than Leno getting reps due to injuries he hasn't impressed too much either. (All this with no pads on)

That leaves a door open somewhat at RT, or at a minimum backup OT. I'm content to wait things out bit and see what shakes out. I liked some of what Groy did last year and think he deserves to be in the competition for an OG backup roster spot along with Ola. OTOH, I haven't heard one whisper of this new coaching staff moving Ola to OT....a definite change in how players are evaluated. IIRC, OLA is a smaller quicker type of Oline player and these coaches might want more power up front.

Jason will educate me... :)