Training Camp Visit

BearFan PHX

Hey Guys,

My extended family and I are going to visit Bears training camp for the first time this year. I'm really excited.

Of course as a newbie, I don't know anything about it, how it works, if you have to get there early, need tickets etc?

Also, are there any must see or do attractions or restaurants etc in the area?

I know some of you guys have a lot of experience in this, so any tips or info are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Kyle

I only went one time a couple years ago, though I am hoping to go again this year. The link below gives you most of what you need to know. Under Trestman, I think there were morning and afternoon practices both open, but under Fox I think I read it's just morning practices, though sometimes they start at 11:30. No charge. I went to a morning practice the one time I went and it was pretty easy to get in and out. I got there early but I don't think it's a necessity. The players all walk from the locker rooms to the facility, so you can line up there at the beginning to see the players go by. There's not much to do except clap as they go by, though it's as close as you are likely to get to the players until the end. There are some radio stands set up for 670, ESPN, etc. and sometimes the players are doing interviews during camp. There are bleachers set up on one side of the camp and there really isn't a bad place to sit - usually there are defensive and offensive drills going on and some special teams as well and the day I went there was a scrimmage at the end that's pretty much just offense v. defense (not sure how typical that is). At the end the players walk back to the locker room (or wherever) and will stop and sign autographs if they feel like it, so if you're into that kind of thing, maybe line up for that early. I didn't really care, but the year I went Peanut was signing for a long time right next to where I was leaving (big surprise), so I stuck my head in and got an autograph. You get a glossy 8 1/2 x 11 or so Bears-themed thing when you walk in that you can use to get autographs on if you don't have something.

Not much else to see in Bourbonnais in my opinion, though I confess I didn't venture into much of it.

http://www.chicagobears.com/events/training-camp.html