Isaiah Battle OT

Pixote

I would love to see the Bears enter a draft with extra picks stockpiled.

It seems every year we enter the draft with less picks than rounds.

So the thought of giving up a future draft pick to obtain a promising prospect is questionable in my mind.

Especially when the prospect has a few question marks, however small they are.

It appears that Isaiah Battle is a highly regarded OT prospect, one who could possibly anchor an OL on the left side for a long time.

So would you roll the dice on him?

Bleachers Report Article (Not a big fan of BR site but this article has decent info)

I would love to see the Bears enter a draft with extra picks stockpiled.

It seems every year we enter the draft with less picks than rounds.

So the thought of giving up a future draft pick to obtain a promising prospect is questionable in my mind.

Especially when the prospect has a few question marks, however small they are.

It appears that Isaiah Battle is a highly regarded OT prospect, one who could possibly anchor an OL on the left side for a long time.

So would you roll the dice on him?

Bleachers Report Article (Not a big fan of BR site but this article has decent info)

BR has its good and bad, but has lots of info, and I like Matt Miller quite a bit. As far as giving up a late round pick to acquire a S draft is mute. If he is a good prospect and we can get him with a 6th or 7, why not now instead of next years draft.

BR has its good and bad, but has lots of info, and I like Matt Miller quite a bit. As far as giving up a late round pick to acquire a S draft is mute. If he is a good prospect and we can get him with a 6th or 7, why not now instead of next years draft.

Before we give up a draft pick, any pick, I think here the issue is where does he fit in? If this guy does not project to make the final roster and looks more like a practice squad player then I keep my pick because we can't protect him later in the season if another team wants to sign him. The front office has to factor in how much they know about this guy. Leading up to the draft teams do a ton of work on the players but what would you really know about a guy that you did no research on? Film is just one aspect there is also the character work and if he was essentially kicked off the team that's not a good sign at all especially one year before he's a potential NFL 1st Rd pick.

I watch some very short highlights here and don't see anything I like about him at all. At least nothing here that says he'll help the team this year, or even next if he makes the practices squad. If he really does weigh just 275-280lbs he is not playing LT this year in the NFL. There are already college players pushing him around.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/5493...h-isaiah-battle

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/isaiah-bat...-oklahoma-2014/

Before we give up a draft pick, any pick, I think here the issue is where does he fit in? If this guy does not project to make the final roster and looks more like a practice squad player then I keep my pick because we can't protect him later in the season if another team wants to sign him. The front office has to factor in how much they know about this guy. Leading up to the draft teams do a ton of work on the players but what would you really know about a guy that you did no research on? Film is just one aspect there is also the character work and if he was essentially kicked off the team that's not a good sign at all especially one year before he's a potential NFL 1st Rd pick.

I watch some very short highlights here and don't see anything I like about him at all. At least nothing here that says he'll help the team this year, or even next if he makes the practices squad. If he really does weigh just 275-280lbs he is not playing LT this year in the NFL. There are already college players pushing him around.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/5493...h-isaiah-battle

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/isaiah-bat...-oklahoma-2014/

Haven't done any research on him and I think we should avoid spending a draft pick on any RT or G material until we see how this oline shakes out. Kyle Long may move outside and we still have Bushrod and his hefty contract for a couple more years. This would be a good year to experiment with Long on the left tackle. If he fits, then we are looking at 2nd or 3rd round picks to find a future G. I think we have decent Gs on this team already. This will allow the Bears to find a CB, pass rush OLB/DE, possible a QB and of course a Safety.

I saw that, for a 5th round pick they might have a steal. Not that much of a risk, 5th rounders usually struggle to contribute right away and are often cut or stashed on a PS. So I think the Rams were smart to roll the dice on a low risk high reward prospect by giving up a 5th in next years draft. He may be gone and a total flop or he might wind up being a quality OL starter.