News flash

Stinger226

We have a lot of smart people on here and read on WINDY CITY GRIDIRON that there are looking for some writers and Bear fans to contribute to their site.

I dont have any creditable past moments to think I could contribute but have the desire, but will have to wait until I retire from my job to take a shot at anything like that.

BUT is there anybody on here that could contribute to that website? It obviously is not a paying job, but would be somebodies hobby.

Like I said there are a lot of smart and passionate people on here, anybody interested?

the guy you need to contact is Dane Noble and he is on twitter.

Any other year it would be a fun challenge that I'd want to take on. This year I'm too negative on the qb, gm, FA signings, and the draft. No one would want to read pure negativity every day.

I'm sure an article of why White has a low ceiling wouldn't go over well.

So curiosity got the best of me. Why an expected low ceiling for White? Unless you're considering Cutler as the sole reason for it then it's more understandable. However, I suspect there is more to it.

I really shouldn't have used the word low ceiling. I think he has over achieved and playing at his limitations. I don't think he has much room to grow. He was a JuCo player that worked hard and made it to WVU and had one outstanding year. The NFL is a lot different then what he faced in college and I think he will struggle with it.

He may become a hard working really good number 1 receiver on the Bears, but I don't think he will ever be considered in the top 10 or top 15 WRs. Where as, I feel Amari Cooper has potential to be great. I meant more of a low ceiling compared to the greats in the league.

I really shouldn't have used the word low ceiling. I think he has over achieved and playing at his limitations. I don't think he has much room to grow. He was a JuCo player that worked hard and made it to WVU and had one outstanding year. The NFL is a lot different then what he faced in college and I think he will struggle with it.

He may become a hard working really good number 1 receiver on the Bears, but I don't think he will ever be considered in the top 10 or top 15 WRs. Where as, I feel Amari Cooper has potential to be great. I meant more of a low ceiling compared to the greats in the league.

Interesting thoughts. He gets compared to AJ Green a lot. Is your assertion that this comparison is off?

Given his measurables an argument can be made that he has underachieved so far. Watching the video of his JUCO coaches talking about him and how raw he was as a WR made me realize how far he had to go to get where he is. It wasn't so much that he wasn't noticed, he didn't know how to play the game. Yet he never quit on the dream. Nor does he take it for granted that it will continue as he is down in Tenn working out with Cutler.

I'm not a betting man but if I were I'd take this "not top 10-15 WR" bet over the next 3 years.

Cooper is going to be a very good Pro WR and will be top 10-15 but I'll stand by one aspect of his game I don't like at all: Cooper's run blocking is horrible. That will never show up on a stat sheet anywhere but White will help our running game a lot more this season than what Cooper will do for Oakland's running game. If White's numbers get anywhere close to Cooper's down the road his run blocking will be the difference putting him ahead IMO.