Bears Rushing Attack

AZ54

I'm not nearly as optimistic as Jeremy Stoltz is regarding our running game. I'd love for him to be right and I do agree that the pieces we have on offense are not that bad. We know we can't protect the edge of the pocket on med-to-deep passes and Cutler will never be a good quick-release short-route QB so if running up the middle works have at it. If running anywhere works keep going there.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/15601...d-for-a-rebound

Langford will be the steal of this draft and im looking forward to him carrying the ball

I hope you are right on Langford. I like his skill set. I hope they give Carey a fair shake too. After Forte leaves, we will need a stable of young legs. I think Fox will keep a handle on the offense and not let it get out of control, which will keep us in games. Only a couple of weeks until TC!!!

I hope you are right on Langford. I like his skill set. I hope they give Carey a fair shake too. After Forte leaves, we will need a stable of young legs. I think Fox will keep a handle on the offense and not let it get out of control, which will keep us in games. Only a couple of weeks until TC!!!

The key to the offense working well is the offensive line. I think if we would just do it and put Long at LT, move Bushrod to RT and either Ducasse or Ola at RG and let them grow together we might end up being pretty good on Offense.

The key to the offense working well is the offensive line. I think if we would just do it and put Long at LT, move Bushrod to RT and either Ducasse or Ola at RG and let them grow together we might end up being pretty good on Offense.

Have to say I like this idea. Build from within. No need for Mathis.

I'm not nearly as optimistic as Jeremy Stoltz is regarding our running game. I'd love for him to be right and I do agree that the pieces we have on offense are not that bad. We know we can't protect the edge of the pocket on med-to-deep passes and Cutler will never be a good quick-release short-route QB so if running up the middle works have at it. If running anywhere works keep going there.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/15601...d-for-a-rebound

I actually think Cutler could be a good short yardage passer. As I pointed out in another post Bennett had a pretty decent year last year. I think where Cutler falters (besides the inability to audibilize) is the long game especially if he thinks about it. With Royal at the SR position something tells me Cutler will actually look good this year. Well and that he'll be asked to think less...hence the uptick in running production.

One person that keeps getting lost in all the oline talk is Slausen. He's still capable of being huge piece of the line if he manages to stay healthy. Last year was the first year he didn't manage to start a full year in his 5 year career. Another reason I'm not big on Evan Mathis. Don't need him and his questionable injury(?) past. And want for big money.

Langford will be the steal of this draft and im looking forward to him carrying the ball

I'm curious why you feel so positive about Langford. I like the pick but steal of the draft is pretty lofty praise for a guy who was ranked as the 4th best RB in the draft from the Big Ten. I'll be happy if he can step in and be a solid 2nd option behind Forte.

Fourth best does put him behind Ameer Abdullah and Tevin Coleman and I think there's room to debate those rankings if you start to compare overall game play including things like pass protection. I don't watch much Big Ten football so I really can't compare these guys.

I'm curious why you feel so positive about Langford. I like the pick but steal of the draft is pretty lofty praise for a guy who was ranked as the 4th best RB in the draft from the Big Ten. I'll be happy if he can step in and be a solid 2nd option behind Forte.

Fourth best does put him behind Ameer Abdullah and Tevin Coleman and I think there's room to debate those rankings if you start to compare overall game play including things like pass protection. I don't watch much Big Ten football so I really can't compare these guys.

I am hopeful he does well, but just think Boxer is drinking coolaid. I am not sure where Foster was rated coming out of college, but people like Morris, Foster,C.J. Anderson were never expected to be as good as they turned out. I think his speed gives him a leg up, but with football players it is a lot of desire and work ethic and some succeed and some fall. Trent Richardson for example.

im a Notre Dame fan but watched a lot of Mich St the last few years...Langford is a tough runner and fits in well with our attitude that we are building

Have to say I like this idea. Build from within. No need for Mathis.

I like the idea as well, but the build from within philosophy doesn't work as frequently when the players being groomed are UDFA. And Ducasse is a journeymen who hasn't been able to break the starting lineup in 5 years (which is pretty much the opposite of building from within). IF those are the guys being groomed, I'm very skeptical.

Either draft high enough and often enough that there are ample investments amongst the OL to actually build from within, or you need to go out and get guys like Mathis. You can't try the build from within philosophy with scrubs and cast-off journeymen.

I like the idea as well, but the build from within philosophy doesn't work as frequently when the players being groomed are UDFA. And Ducasse is a journeymen who hasn't been able to break the starting lineup in 5 years (which is pretty much the opposite of building from within). IF those are the guys being groomed, I'm very skeptical.

Either draft high enough and often enough that there are ample investments amongst the OL to actually build from within, or you need to go out and get guys like Mathis. You can't try the build from within philosophy with scrubs and cast-off journeymen.

I'm actually referring more to players like Ola, Leno (both last year draft picks) Fabujule, Grasu (this years draftees), Groy and heck even Slausen. He's only a five year guy after all.

Hey interesting trivia: both Slausen and Ducasee played for the Jets in 2010. Slausen actually beat out Ducasee for one of the starting guard positions that year. *so says Wikipedia.

I actually think Cutler could be a good short yardage passer. As I pointed out in another post Bennett had a pretty decent year last year. I think where Cutler falters (besides the inability to audibilize) is the long game especially if he thinks about it. With Royal at the SR position something tells me Cutler will actually look good this year. Well and that he'll be asked to think less...hence the uptick in running production.

I think Cutler has an excellent year. What you mention above and the fact that Marshall is gone so he won't be as tempted to just chuck it up there and hope for the best. And the O Line should be improved and with an inside running attack the linebackers will be focus elsewhere other than rushing the QB. All of this spells a much better season for the team as a whole and Cutler in particular.

If he doesn't produce, count me as one of the guys who won't give him the "first year in the new system" excuse. Under these circumstances that just won't fly.

I think Cutler has an excellent year. What you mention above and the fact that Marshall is gone so he won't be as tempted to just chuck it up there and hope for the best. And the O Line should be improved and with an inside running attack the linebackers will be focus elsewhere other than rushing the QB. All of this spells a much better season for the team as a whole and Cutler in particular.

If he doesn't produce, count me as one of the guys who won't give him the "first year in the new system" excuse. Under these circumstances that just won't fly.

If he does real well this year, I see them bringing him back for one more year and drafting his successor. As long as the oline does there job, I think he has a chance to succeed.