Cutler works out w/ receivers

madlithuanian

Good for Jay. To some degree I'm glad to see douchebag Bennett there too. I saw another write up about how AJ opted to work out with Marshall instead of go to Vanderbilt. It was written in a manner that suggested there was (or could be) a rift developing between AJ and Cutler. Gotta say as much as I dislike Cutler sometimes, this seems cheap.

http://dawindycity.com/2015/07/09/is-alsho...ing-jay-cutler/

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-footb...randon-marshall

Saw those articles and I take it with a grain of salt because the Media knows (and in some ways has helped create the persona) that Jay is a very polarizing player. To what degree it's true we as fans may never fully know but. But what the media is usually good at is yelling fire even if there's no smoke and insinuating that there is actual smoke to justify what they write. Whatever each of us personally think or make of Jay, it's abundantly clear the media hates him and sees him as a gold mine for negative articles. It's the easy lazy thing to do to write an article based on assumptions fueled by public opinion merely to stir the pot, and get views, and reads by creating controversy when there may really be none.

That said, it is a little odd that AJ is closing to work with Marshall now that Marshall's no longer a Bear. Last offseason it would have made more sense since they were teammates vs working out with Jay and the rest of the WR's who are current teammates. To each his own, he may be working out with Marshall because is used to doing that to prepare himself using the fit speed (or whatever it's called) program that he's used since he came into the league. It's not uncommon for NFL players to go off and do their own offseason workout programs to prepare for camp and the season. What matters is that whatever he does and whatever his teammates do that he's ready to go when the season starts.

Much ado about nothing IMO. We always want to scrutinize every decision a player makes but for Jeffrey the reality is working out with Marshall has helped him get to the Pro Bowl and even in a bad year helped him get 1100+ yards receiving. They've become friends and there is nothing wrong with that.

Jeffrey has attended all the mini-camps and been around Halas Hall often enough to get credited by his new coach as having an impressive work ethic. This is from a veteran NFL coach who has coached a lot of Pro Bowl players.

OTOH Cutler is down in Nashville with ....not Forte, not Jeffrey but Bennett who skipped all minicamps, White who is new to the NFL, and Royal who is new to Chicago and reuniting with Cutler. There's logical reasons those players would want more (or any) practice reps with Cutler and logical reasons for Jeffrey, having already put in a lot of time with Cutler and the new offense, wanting some time working out with Marshall because Brandon has helped him improve his WR skills. I think Jeffrey has done enough to prove his work ethic will pay off for him and the team and I trust he knows what he needs to work on to become a better WR. He deserves better from the media and than crap rumors like this.

Flip over to the NY media....are they wondering why Brandon Marshall went back to Chicago to help a Bears' WR instead of staying in NY to help his new QB or his new WR corps?

Jeffrey, having already put in a lot of time with Cutler and the new offense, wanting some time working out with Marshall because Brandon has helped him improve his WR skills. I think Jeffrey has done enough to prove his work ethic will pay off for him and the team and I trust he knows what he needs to work on to become a better WR. He deserves better from the media and than crap rumors like this.

Spot on. He's got his timing down with Jay. Those other guys benefit from the dedicated time and extra reps as does Jay. I think Fox probably endorses this 100%.