Training Camp Surprise Cuts

AZ54

We're just more than a week out from the start of training camp. Scout.com has a good article on potential surprise cuts. Some on their list I'd say wouldn't be a surprise and have been discussed here during the offseason (i.e. Carey).

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/15632...-cut-candidates

I think Bostic is on the bubble big time. I don't know if he's healthy yet but he has a lot of catching up to do. Aside from that when you go back and recall who Fangio said he felt he could build his defense around Bostic name was pushed aside for players like SMC and Jones. Missing an entire offseason of practices is not helpful for a player like Bostic who does not play with good instincts and play recognition. There are already depth concerns at IBL but if he doesn't make the roster we're even thinner.

I won't be surprised if Ducasse is cut, in fact I'd be happy, because he is not a consistently good blocker and having someone else beat him out should be a good sign for our Oline depth.

I'm not sure why Willie Young isn't on their list of candidates. He's coming back from a tough injury and being forced into a new role for which he's not well suited.

We're just more than a week out from the start of training camp. Scout.com has a good article on potential surprise cuts. Some on their list I'd say wouldn't be a surprise and have been discussed here during the offseason (i.e. Carey).

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/15632...-cut-candidates

I think Bostic is on the bubble big time. I don't know if he's healthy yet but he has a lot of catching up to do. Aside from that when you go back and recall who Fangio said he felt he could build his defense around Bostic name was pushed aside for players like SMC and Jones. Missing an entire offseason of practices is not helpful for a player like Bostic who does not play with good instincts and play recognition. There are already depth concerns at IBL but if he doesn't make the roster we're even thinner.

I won't be surprised if Ducasse is cut, in fact I'd be happy, because he is not a consistently good blocker and having someone else beat him out should be a good sign for our Oline depth.

I'm not sure why Willie Young isn't on their list of candidates. He's coming back from a tough injury and being forced into a new role for which he's not well suited.

I think his lack of a big contract and potential to be a good player ; leaves him off this list.