Did you know

AZ54

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0720-story.html

Forte has recorded more than 1,400 yards from scrimmage in each of his first seven seasons, a feat only two other players have accomplished. The others in that fraternity: Hall of Famer Curtis Martin and Tomlinson, a likely Hall of Famer.

--------------------------------------------

That is very impressive and he's done this rather quietly considering the star attention that the others received. Forte keeps himself in outstanding physical condition so I expect he'll do the same barring an early injury. If he does perform similarly it will be interesting to see if we give him a new contract next year.

Forte has recorded more than 1,400 yards from scrimmage in each of his first seven seasons, a feat only two other players have accomplished. The others in that fraternity: Hall of Famer Curtis Martin and Tomlinson, a likely Hall of Famer.

That is very impressive and he's done this rather quietly considering the star attention that the others received. Forte keeps himself in outstanding physical condition so I expect he'll do the same barring an early injury. If he does perform similarly it will be interesting to see if we give him a new contract next year.

Hard to say what the Bears will do. I would love to see him retire a Bear but would also hate to see him fall apart with a new big contract. I am sure if he looks great all season, they will find a creative incentive contract with exit strategies.

I was just thinking while out with a jog with the dog how he should be nearly guaranteed at least a 2-3-4 year contract. As you've said he's been a rather prolific and consistent running back, despite some of the inconsistency around him. And seeing that picture of him the other day and the apparent dedication to play a strong year tells me he's worth of that guarantee.

I threw the part in there about my jog because as I get older I find it much harder to not only run a few miles at a time but recover afterwards. There's no way I could keep up the regimen I see Matt doing and he's been playing a pretty brutal sport all these years. And through it all he's bounced back with more reserve than the year before. And like you said: quietly.

I was just thinking while out with a jog with the dog how he should be nearly guaranteed at least a 2-3-4 year contract. As you've said he's been a rather prolific and consistent running back, despite some of the inconsistency around him. And seeing that picture of him the other day and the apparent dedication to play a strong year tells me he's worth of that guarantee.

I threw the part in there about my jog because as I get older I find it much harder to not only run a few miles at a time but recover afterwards. There's no way I could keep up the regimen I see Matt doing and he's been playing a pretty brutal sport all these years. And through it all he's bounced back with more reserve than the year before. And like you said: quietly.

You dont give a soon to be 30 year old RB guaranteed contracts. He is a very good player but he will hit the wall in the next few years and then what? We give him a 3 year with guaranteed money, you then become football stupid. If he has a great year, give him a one year 10 million contract guaranteed. We dont need to repeat Jared Allen contracts, pay for the past and get a mediocre present. That limits us from becoming a better team. If we didnt have the stupid Cutler, Allen, and Houston contracts we could have accelerated our progress of becoming a better team.

You dont give a soon to be 30 year old RB guaranteed contracts. He is a very good player but he will hit the wall in the next few years and then what? We give him a 3 year with guaranteed money, you then become football stupid. If he has a great year, give him a one year 10 million contract guaranteed. We dont need to repeat Jared Allen contracts, pay for the past and get a mediocre present. That limits us from becoming a better team. If we didnt have the stupid Cutler, Allen, and Houston contracts we could have accelerated our progress of becoming a better team.

No matter what he does this year there's no way I'd pay Forte $10mil next year. You give that money to Alshon Jeffrey and Kyle Long who are entering the prime of their careers. That doesn't mean I don't want Forte around, but not anywhere close to that price.

That is very impressive

Even more impressive given the general lack of an O Line and a passing attack for much of his career here. Dude is a stud. Would love to see him finish out here but understand the economics may not work out if he's looking for the big 5 year, $60 mil with lots of guaranteed money type of contract.

Even more impressive given the general lack of an O Line and a passing attack for much of his career here. Dude is a stud. Would love to see him finish out here but understand the economics may not work out if he's looking for the big 5 year, $60 mil with lots of guaranteed money type of contract.

Knowing nothing of cap hits or figures, wouldn't something like a 3 year incentive laden increasing contract with opt outs each year be an option? I know in the NBA they allow for team and player to have the option to continue after the first year or so, isn't there something in the NFL they could do? Provided, that is, he does real well this year?

Knowing nothing of cap hits or figures, wouldn't something like a 3 year incentive laden increasing contract with opt outs each year be an option? I know in the NBA they allow for team and player to have the option to continue after the first year or so, isn't there something in the NFL they could do? Provided, that is, he does real well this year?

3 years is to much but a good idea to give him a production based contract.