Roundtable Talk with Pace

AZ54

On the Bears website is a 3-part discussion with Pace about the upcoming season. I think it's worth listening to as he gives his insights on shaping the roster. A couple things caught my attention:

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...da-806eb0d2fc1b

1) He wants to see physical players on this team. You better not shy away from contact if you want to make this roster and he expects to see that on display in camp. I've never been to a training camp practice but it soundsl like there will be more contact than we've seen in years past with Trestman.

2) He knows this roster has some significant gaps and he's still looking for players to add. Of course that's a standard answer from any GM but Pace indicates he has a couple roster positions he knows need attention but left out specifics.

3) Adrian Amos played well at Safety in OTAs and coaches and staff were pleased (he had most recently played CB in college so there was concern how he'd handle the transition back to safety). When you are rebuilding as we are at nearly over level of the defense this is encouraging news. I wasn't happy with how Brock Vereen played last season but being a rookie I hope he improves. Having some good competition for the backup role at FS behind Rolle is sorely needed.

I am really interested to see how the LB'er group shakes out with the starters and who claims that last safety spot next to Rolle. I would love to see Amos be that guy. I really liked his physical profile and think he has the talent to be a stud.

For the D-Line, my ideal starting group would be: Ratliff, Goldman, Houston

LB'ers: McPhee, Foster, Jones, Young

CB's: Fuller, Louis-Jean, Jennings (NB)

Saftey's: Amos, Rolle