Jay Cutler: A perspective

Alaskan Grizzly

http://nypost.com/2015/07/31/breaking-up-i...andon-marshall/

I saw this similar article in another piece. There was a slightly different angle on it but still the same message.

In reading this and in similar stories I've seen on Jay as of late has given me a little different perspective on him and how I hope that will translate to his playability this year. First and foremost I want to reiterate I don't "HATE" Cutler by its true definition. For one I don't know the guy personally so it would be hard for me to personalize it to that degree. In fact I really don't "HATE" him as player. What I do is "Dislike" many of the choices he makes. We all know that he is very good 'behind the scene' community guy. Runs football camps for youths, visits kids in the hospital and helps with others in seeking their goals through community outreach. He's never been a big fan of the limelight. All of which is admirable. I'm almost certain he at least doesn't lie or cheat like some other "successful" players. That by itself is noteworthy. At any rate and in this article it seems he's exhibiting another level of maturity and self-recognition. One that I think will parlay into him being more of a team leader. A few years ago I noticed a higher level of maturity but think it was clouded by the last two years of disarray and malcontentism (see BM). What I think happens to Jay is that he doesn't deal with things well 'in the moment'. He has a hard time adjuisting on the fly and in particular during game time. Heck if you throw a camera in his face after a game its very obvious that he doesn't like being on the camera let alone prepared to deal with it. In an environment like this above article, he's able to present himself a little better. Or is it that new found maturity?

One thing I think has effectively changed if not his outlook is the new 'regime' in Chicago. Whether that translates to his playability remains to be seen. But so far everyone is saying the right things.

http://nypost.com/2015/07/31/breaking-up-i...andon-marshall/

I saw this similar article in another piece. There was a slightly different angle on it but still the same message.

In reading this and in similar stories I've seen on Jay as of late has given me a little different perspective on him and how I hope that will translate to his playability this year. First and foremost I want to reiterate I don't "HATE" Cutler by its true definition. For one I don't know the guy personally so it would be hard for me to personalize it to that degree. In fact I really don't "HATE" him as player. What I do is "Dislike" many of the choices he makes. We all know that he is very good 'behind the scene' community guy. Runs football camps for youths, visits kids in the hospital and helps with others in seeking their goals through community outreach. He's never been a big fan of the limelight. All of which is admirable. I'm almost certain he at least doesn't lie or cheat like some other "successful" players. That by itself is noteworthy. At any rate and in this article it seems he's exhibiting another level of maturity and self-recognition. One that I think will parlay into him being more of a team leader. A few years ago I noticed a higher level of maturity but think it was clouded by the last two years of disarray and malcontentism (see BM). What I think happens to Jay is that he doesn't deal with things well 'in the moment'. He has a hard time adjuisting on the fly and in particular during game time. Heck if you throw a camera in his face after a game its very obvious that he doesn't like being on the camera let alone prepared to deal with it. In an environment like this above article, he's able to present himself a little better. Or is it that new found maturity?

One thing I think has effectively changed if not his outlook is the new 'regime' in Chicago. Whether that translates to his playability remains to be seen. But so far everyone is saying the right things.

We all agree Cutler needs to get better at certain aspects of his game. How much of last year was due to Trestman and Kromer and Tucker?? How much was it due to the team chemistry being off? Its pretty clear BM was a driving force in a negative manner in the locker room. It's the only thing that makes sense of him being traded.

How much of it lays on Cutlers shoulders too. I think we should see real quick this season what the problems were. We have a proven HC, OC and DC. Granted our talent maybe be thin on the Defensive side of the ball.

A coaching staffs job is to get the most out of their players and put them in the best position to be successful. Even with the talent they have I trust this coaching staff more so than the last.

As far as the team chemistry Kyle Long is saying its really good right now, I think every team has some good chemistry going right now with no one having any L's on their record.

In the NFL.com interview, I liked the fact that he was aware that it could've easily been him sent packing when the new staff was brought in. He said something to the effect of "I could've been the guy that was shipped out of here". To me I think it a least shows that he shouldered some of the blame for the "chemistry" and also shows that the new staff had some trust in him. Hopefully the balance he displayed in the interview will translate to the field.

Jay Cutler is now the 10th highest paid QB in the league. Clearly Peyton Manning, and especially Tom Brady (at just $9mil/yr) are below market value.

http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback

The contract was a result of the market valve, I think if he is a top 15 QB rated, we could have mild success. Hopefully the coaches can put him in the position to cut way down on TOs. I think the rest of his stats will be above average. He could have his best year as a Bear and that would make everybody happy.

The contract was a result of the market valve, I think if he is a top 15 QB rated, we could have mild success. Hopefully the coaches can put him in the position to cut way down on TOs. I think the rest of his stats will be above average. He could have his best year as a Bear and that would make everybody happy.

He's no thrown a pick in camp so far. That's a plus.

He doesn't have to be great. If he's a good quarterback who puts us in a posiiton to win, he's well worth the money.

I think it still comes down to how the oline performs. If the Bears can establish a run game, they will be able to pass off of it. That goes to whoever is behind center. I do think Cutler will have an up year and every year his contract gets easier to swallow.

I heard him on Bears all access last night, and think he is a smart football player, just needs to keep it real on the field. dont force it