Charles Leno

AZ54

How long before this guy gets reps with the 1st team at RT? Mills by all accounts has not looked good so far while Leno has seemingly played well when he's gotten a shot at LT (when Bushrod had a day off Sat). I think this coaching staff is far from settled on who our top 5 Oline are and I'm not sure I'd move Long out to RT as everyone else wants to do. We have Montgomery (a career backup C) or Grasu (a rookie) in the middle and I'd much rather have either Center covered by Slauson/Long than Slauson/Ola/Groy/Ducasse. We can help someone like Leno/Mills at RT with Bennett or just have the RBs chip that way too. No matter what we might think nobody really knows how well Long would play at RT and I'd rather have one weakness than two.

How long before this guy gets reps with the 1st team at RT? Mills by all accounts has not looked good so far while Leno has seemingly played well when he's gotten a shot at LT (when Bushrod had a day off Sat). I think this coaching staff is far from settled on who our top 5 Oline are and I'm not sure I'd move Long out to RT as everyone else wants to do. We have Montgomery (a career backup C) or Grasu (a rookie) in the middle and I'd much rather have either Center covered by Slauson/Long than Slauson/Ola/Groy/Ducasse. We can help someone like Leno/Mills at RT with Bennett or just have the RBs chip that way too. No matter what we might think nobody really knows how well Long would play at RT and I'd rather have one weakness than two.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...-og-tyler-moore

Interestingly enough they signed this UDFA from Florida for a 'three year deal', which by itself could be telling. Has experience at both Guard and Tackle. So now that they've seen the guys hitting with pads on and they signed this kid to a longer term deal, would it mean someone is going away soon? Ducasee maybe Ola? Maybe even Mills?