Chris Cook available?

madlithuanian

Is there a connection to Fangio? If then maybe, if not...probably not(?) For some reason I have a good feeling about Porter being able to work something out. Also been hearing the McManis has been doing well (which I personally like to hear). And I wouldn't be surprised they try Amos out (if they needed him) as he's a converted CB. Otherwise I actually think the team may be set at CB.

Wouldn't hate it, but there already is some hope at CB like Griz said.

I think we all hope Fuller is the guy we saw the first few weeks of last year. I think Jennings will thrive in a more aggressive scheme. Ball is a big time sleeper IMO. Porter have been there. McManis has gotten love. I still think Al Louis-Jean has some potential. All in all there's some intrigue there.

One things for certain, Foxy and Donatell are 2 of the best minds when it comes to DBs. If they think we're good there, I'll take their word for it.

Would rather throw money at Maths or McDaniel.

Wouldn't hate it, but there already is some hope at CB like Griz said.

I think we all hope Fuller is the guy we saw the first few weeks of last year. I think Jennings will thrive in a more aggressive scheme. Ball is a big time sleeper IMO. Porter have been there. McManis has gotten love. I still think Al Louis-Jean has some potential. All in all there's some intrigue there.

One things for certain, Foxy and Donatell are 2 of the best minds when it comes to DBs. If they think we're good there, I'll take their word for it.

Would rather throw money at Maths or McDaniel.

I think CB will be the weak link on this defense. I agree there is some potential but I think right now the best we can hope for is that they are average. Right now Ball looks like a $3mil mistake but I hope he turns it around. I can't blame Pace for the 1yr signing, these coaches had no idea what they had on the roster and we needed some assurance.

I'm actually hoping to see some pass rush take the pressure off these guys. I like what I hear so far out of camp on McPhee, Ratliff, Acho, Bass, and to a lesser extent on pass rush Houston. Plus I think Jared Allen will play very well for us in a more limited role. Add in CWash as a potential interior pass rusher (I don't see him holding up against the run in this first year inside) and among all the options we might be able to cobble up a good NASCAR package that gets good pressure on 3rd and long.

Haven't been able to follow much, so I'm curious as to why you think Ball is a $3Mill mistake? Have there been negative reports out there?

I know I read into PFF stuff way too much, but he was a top 30 or 40 CB 2 years ago. If anyone can bring that level of play back out of him, it would be Donatell/Fox/Fangio.

Haven't been able to follow much, so I'm curious as to why you think Ball is a $3Mill mistake? Have there been negative reports out there?

I know I read into PFF stuff way too much, but he was a top 30 or 40 CB 2 years ago. If anyone can bring that level of play back out of him, it would be Donatell/Fox/Fangio.

He hasn't even been healthy. No one knows one way or the other, but reality is he's a guy coming off an injury, who is already hurt. That isn't a good thing.