Fangio

AZ54

In all his years in Chicago Cutler has had to practice against the Lovie 2 and then for two years again Mel Tucker's toothless version of the Lovie 2. Given his history I won't make a prediction about how much better Cutler will be at protecting the football but I will say that practicing against Fangio's D this camp is giving him the most variety in defensive looks/schemes that he's ever seen in camp. I can't see this hurting Cutler at all, nor the rest of the offense.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...57-21e1bad607a0

"They got after us today," said quarterback Jay Cutler. "They beat us in about every period we had. [Fangio] has done a good job of mixing it up. He's not afraid to drop eight or to bring eight. He throws a lot of different things at you—three-down, four-down, nickel, dime. He's got an extensive package, so it makes you think."

I also think of all OC's, we finally have one who will leverage Jay's legs and athleticism, move the pocket, roll him out, and dare I say it, use the rushing attack and play action to our advantage. The big question that remains is can the oline be healthy and can it protect him and open up some holes for our backs.

I also think of all OC's, we finally have one who will leverage Jay's legs and athleticism, move the pocket, roll him out, and dare I say it, use the rushing attack and play action to our advantage. The big question that remains is can the oline be healthy and can it protect him and open up some holes for our backs.

The play action thing has been baffling as we have a mobile QB who can throw on the run, and we have had the luxury of a complete every down RB like Forte that we've not taken advantage of those things. Let Jay create mismatches by rolling out, extending plays. Too much trying to make him a pocket passer which has never been his strength.