Bears' First Depth Chart Released

dawhizz

https://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2015...-3-51-57-pm.png

Some things I notice:

- Guard depth does not look good, with Ducasse and someone named Jason Weaver the current backups, though I understand that Ola can play there as well.

- Kadeem Carey has an uphill job making this roster with Rodgers and Langford ahead of him. This fits with what I saw last week when I was at training camp. They obviously had a plan with Rodgers and even Langford (saw him out wide blocking on WR screens). Not sure where Carey fits right now.

- I like what I saw from Cameron Meredith last week and it looks like right now he's the most highly thought of under the radar WR. We'll see how he performs in the games, but he might be ripe for a practice squad spot, particularly if they keep Mariani and give him WR reps.

- I'm pretty surprised that they have McClellin and Jones starting ahead of Foster and Bostic. I figured It would be the exact opposite.

- I'm also surprised to see Tracy Porter ahead of Sherrick McManis on the CB depth chart. McManis had apparently been impressing in camp, and I haven't heard much positive about Porter.

https://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2015...-3-51-57-pm.png

Some things I notice:

- Guard depth does not look good, with Ducasse and someone named Jason Weaver the current backups, though I understand that Ola can play there as well.

- Kadeem Carey has an uphill job making this roster with Rodgers and Langford ahead of him. This fits with what I saw last week when I was at training camp. They obviously had a plan with Rodgers and even Langford (saw him out wide blocking on WR screens). Not sure where Carey fits right now.

- I like what I saw from Cameron Meredith last week and it looks like right now he's the most highly thought of under the radar WR. We'll see how he performs in the games, but he might be ripe for a practice squad spot, particularly if they keep Mariani and give him WR reps.

- I'm pretty surprised that they have McClellin and Jones starting ahead of Foster and Bostic. I figured It would be the exact opposite.

- I'm also surprised to see Tracy Porter ahead of Sherrick McManis on the CB depth chart. McManis had apparently been impressing in camp, and I haven't heard much positive about Porter.

Guard depth - from what I recall aren't both Montgomery and Grasu also able to play Guard (or have the experience?)

WR - I'm still hoping that Bellamy somehow finds a way onto the roster. He showed flashes of potential last year. Like what I saw.

Porter - I was hoping he'd make the cut for first string let alone the team. But heard he's nursing a hamstring which could prove to be a lingering problem for him.

We had 8 OLinemen on the 53-man roster last year, so the top 8 would seem to be: Bushrod, Slauson, Montgomery, Long, Mills, Ola, Grasu, Ducasse. Weaver and Fabuluje possibly fighting for the 9th spot if they take 9.

Bushrod :unsure:

Slauson :)

Montgomery <_>

Long :notworthy

Mills :pray

Ola :shakehead

Grasu :headbang

Ducasse :huh: