Game feed

Alaskan Grizzly

Just curious if anyone is watching the game right now? I've seen some stats flash over my Bears app on the phone. Doesn't appear to be a very exciting game. And for what its worth Cutler still hasn't had any turnovers...so far. But his yardage looks short so I'm guessing they're employing more a dink and dunk approach, which I like. Noticed that Miami scored in the first 7 minutes of Q1.

I have it set to record tomorrow when it replays on NFL Network. Just thought I'd ask if anyone is watching now and overall thoughts of the performance.

Just curious if anyone is watching the game right now? I've seen some stats flash over my Bears app on the phone. Doesn't appear to be a very exciting game. And for what its worth Cutler still hasn't had any turnovers...so far. But his yardage looks short so I'm guessing they're employing more a dink and dunk approach, which I like. Noticed that Miami scored in the first 7 minutes of Q1.

I have it set to record tomorrow when it replays on NFL Network. Just thought I'd ask if anyone is watching now and overall thoughts of the performance.

sure, seen some good things and bad, but it will be the third game that spurs my interest

1st team offense and defense looked bad. Vereen looked like Conte out there and Fuller got beat on numerous occasions as well. Offense didn't start moving the ball until Miami quit playing their 1st stringers. Too many penalties.

That said-- the 2nd and 3rd teamers looked a lot better. That #57 kid from Washington looks like he could be a hidden gem at LB'er.

Looks like Acho had a decent night with 2 TKLS, a sack and INT. Thats encouraging. S. Perry had a decent night in carries with 10 for 89 with an 8.9 avg. no passing TDs despite what looked like Bennett having a decent night too. Sorry to hear the first team offense didn't fare so well. Ah, it's week one of the preseason. Probably other things to be more concerned about.

1st team offense and defense looked bad. Vereen looked like Conte out there and Fuller got beat on numerous occasions as well. Offense didn't start moving the ball until Miami quit playing their 1st stringers. Too many penalties.

That said-- the 2nd and 3rd teamers looked a lot better. That #57 kid from Washington looks like he could be a hidden gem at LB'er.

Fuller impressed early with his turn overs last year but really didn't look good later on. I was really hoping to see Tillman back this year. I think Tillman still has a few years and would have been a good mentor, ala Marshall with Alshon, but with better life skills. Jennings ProBowl was playing opposite of Tillman IMHO and I dee him as an average number 2 CB below average number one.

This will probably be an ugly year against above average QBs. Sucks I couldn't watch the game, I was at the hospital during it.

Fuller impressed early with his turn overs last year but really didn't look good later on. I was really hoping to see Tillman back this year. I think Tillman still has a few years and would have been a good mentor, ala Marshall with Alshon, but with better life skills. Jennings ProBowl was playing opposite of Tillman IMHO and I see him as an average number 2 CB below average number one.

This will probably be an ugly year against above average QBs. Sucks I couldn't watch the game, I was at the hospital during it.

I am not too worried about the offense. The 1st team offense didn't have Forte or Alshon, and a couple of penatlies (Mills, Montgomery) derailed some drives, which is correctable.

For the defense, besides for a couple of long plays, Miami really didn't do too much. The turnovers created, even though they occurred against backups, was promising. With the 1st defense, Miller had a long cutback run when Jenkins didn't set the edge. Cornelius Washington, Sam Acho, and John Timu really stood out on defense.

I wasn't impressed with either starting unit but it wasn't all horrible either. Cutler had a bad brain fart toss that could've been picked off and I didn't see him get outside the pocket at all, to my recollection. Wasn't that all supposed to change? :)

It's the first game of preseason with a new o and d being installed by a completely new coaching staff. I expect to see gradual improvement and a professional looking team on the field by opening day. This was step 1.

My sentiments as well.

It's hard to put too much stock in game 1 of pre-season, but knowing what we've seen the from the past...it's hard not to be a bit pessimistic.

The RB situation is interesting with Carey and Sinorice playing so well. I really disliked what I saw out of Vereen. Other than that, nothing else really was that informative.

I wasn't impressed with either starting unit but it wasn't all horrible either. Cutler had a bad brain fart toss that could've been picked off and I didn't see him get outside the pocket at all, to my recollection. Wasn't that all supposed to change? :)

It's the first game of preseason with a new o and d being installed by a completely new coaching staff. I expect to see gradual improvement and a professional looking team on the field by opening day. This was step 1.

I've just got to say, if Kevin White lands on the Pup list to start the season, that is a good indication that his injury is more serious than shin splints. I've never heard of splints taking 4-5 months to heal. It sounds more like a stress fracture.. The Bears need to be more clear about what's going on. This is not good.

The Bears need not be clear. As much as us fans would like it, they (like most clubs) like to keep it close to the vest.

It's best to plan for the worst and hope for the best. I see him hitting the field around week 4-6, and not impacting until about week 8. Which would then get him in prime shape for next season...when we will have more firepower on D and maybe a new franchise QB. (either a revitalized Cutler or a new guy altogether)

I've just got to say, if Kevin White lands on the Pup list to start the season, that is a good indication that his injury is more serious than shin splints. I've never heard of splints taking 4-5 months to heal. It sounds more like a stress fracture.. The Bears need to be more clear about what's going on. This is not good.

Looks like Acho had a decent night with 2 TKLS, a sack and INT. Thats encouraging. S. Perry had a decent night in carries with 10 for 89 with an 8.9 avg. no passing TDs despite what looked like Bennett having a decent night too. Sorry to hear the first team offense didn't fare so well. Ah, it's week one of the preseason. Probably other things to be more concerned about.

There two big WRs and Forte didnt play, I suspect they may be better at it when those 3 get on the field

It's preseason. Just don't get hurt. The nice thing is, I have full confidence in who we have in charge (head coach / OC / DC and GM).

This 10000000%

Dont show anyone anything. Dont get hurt! Get the feel of in game play and get ready for the 1st game of the season against you know who!