McPhee hurts knee

Chitownhustla

Saw your story so I quickly started looking for sources on an update and found this: http://wgnradio.com/2015/08/20/leno-sees-t...g-right-tackle/

In it I found that it looks like McPhee's injury isn't as bad as it could be. And Leno is getting 1st team reps at RT and not because Mills is hurt. But.....

The rest of the news wasn't so good.... our two minute drills (on both sides) were deemed a "disaster" and apparently all the picks that Jay hasn't been throwing have caught up to him.

Sigh....as MadLith would say; "well at least we have 1985".... :banghead

Ha! :cheers

Honestly, I am not expecting anything different from Cutler. He'll start off well, then tank mid-season, then play a few good games at the end when it doesn't matter to screw up our draft slot. ;)

Or, maybe he plays as well as he did under Martz?

Until we are playing real games, I'm trying hard not to really care, other than injuries. I'm super disappointed we won't get to see Kevin White. But, other than that, I'm interested in seeing the overall improvement from laughing stock to somewhat respectable. At least I hope!

Saw your story so I quickly started looking for sources on an update and found this: http://wgnradio.com/2015/08/20/leno-sees-t...g-right-tackle/

In it I found that it looks like McPhee's injury isn't as bad as it could be. And Leno is getting 1st team reps at RT and not because Mills is hurt. But.....

The rest of the news wasn't so good.... our two minute drills (on both sides) were deemed a "disaster" and apparently all the picks that Jay hasn't been throwing have caught up to him.

Sigh....as MadLith would say; "well at least we have 1985".... :banghead

Guest TerraTor
I think this club (given as they are now w/o more injuries) looks tseeso be 6-10. The difference between seasons I suspect will be that we will be competitive and lose due to talent gap, not coaching gap.

Just saying what I see.. defense is god awful... Cutler is embarrassing... I mean calls it as yous sees it

Ha! :cheers

Honestly, I am not expecting anything different from Cutler. He'll start off well, then tank mid-season, then play a few good games at the end when it doesn't matter to screw up our draft slot. ;)

Or, maybe he plays as well as he did under Martz?

Until we are playing real games, I'm trying hard not to really care, other than injuries. I'm super disappointed we won't get to see Kevin White. But, other than that, I'm interested in seeing the overall improvement from laughing stock to somewhat respectable. At least I hope!

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm also disappointed in not seeing White play this year. And I'm concerned that we won't see another player (or two) hurt before the season starts. But only time will tell on all fronts.

I guess the thing that disturbs me about this particular report is that Cutler was playing against another team's defense and did not so good. I can understand that he would do well against his own defense, 1st team or not but when facing off against another 'unknown' he reverts to his old self. And then to see how well Luck played against our 1st team defense makes it that much more disheartening.

I'm not losing faith, not just yet. I have too much trust in Fox that he won't put together something respectable no matter how much Cutler (or anyone) screws up. And in regards to SCS's comment, I don't dislike Pace. I still think he's got great energy and seems to have some great football knowledge. It's still way too early to tell if White turns out to be a dud but some of the other draft picks this year are doing ok. Again, time will tell.

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm also disappointed in not seeing White play this year. And I'm concerned that we won't see another player (or two) hurt before the season starts. But only time will tell on all fronts.

I guess the thing that disturbs me about this particular report is that Cutler was playing against another team's defense and did not so good. I can understand that he would do well against his own defense, 1st team or not but when facing off against another 'unknown' he reverts to his old self. And then to see how well Luck played against our 1st team defense makes it that much more disheartening.

I'm not losing faith, not just yet. I have too much trust in Fox that he won't put together something respectable no matter how much Cutler (or anyone) screws up. And in regards to SCS's comment, I don't dislike Pace. I still think he's got great energy and seems to have some great football knowledge. It's still way too early to tell if White turns out to be a dud but some of the other draft picks this year are doing ok. Again, time will tell.

Lol my comment was sarcasm in case I need to say it.

I'm not too worried about the INTs in practice. Can't expect Jay to be perfect, asp when your starting WRs are Royal, Wilson, and uhhhh.... The picks are gonna happen, just gotta limit them.

I predicted 7-9, but I also thought White was gonna be a beast. With him out, as much as it pains me to say it, I think I see 5-11. I don't think its insane to believe they can do better than that like he does though.

It's practice and a closed one at that with restrictions on the media as to what they can report. It is impossible to know what went on at Indy other than the fact we got to face a very good mobile QB and an offense that has excellent players at the skill positions. You can't ask for better than that when it comes to getting prepared for week 1.

Our D got owned on day 1 but owned day 2. Yes we lost in the 2min drill but they also ignored a sack we had on Luck that kept their drive alive instead of putting them at 2nd and 18.

Offense didn't go anywhere on either day so there is legitimate concern. However, I have no clue if we ran the ball like we would in a regular season game or if we skewed plays toward the passing game to see what the backup WRs can do. That would be done because better to evaluate WRs and pass protection in the less physical practices and RBs in the more physical game on Saturday. I'll wait and see how the offense does in the game but certainly without White and Jeffrey our WR corps is not going to scare anyone. Can our inside running game be effective with a weak WR corps allowing safeties to focus on run first? I'm not optimistic.

Plus there is this: Leno filled in for an injured Mills and instantly looked better protecting against the edge rushers. This competition isn't over yet.

The Leno over Mills possibility is really the best takeaway.

Other than the D facing top tier talent...

It's practice and a closed one at that with restrictions on the media as to what they can report. It is impossible to know what went on at Indy other than the fact we got to face a very good mobile QB and an offense that has excellent players at the skill positions. You can't ask for better than that when it comes to getting prepared for week 1.

Our D got owned on day 1 but owned day 2. Yes we lost in the 2min drill but they also ignored a sack we had on Luck that kept their drive alive instead of putting them at 2nd and 18.

Offense didn't go anywhere on either day so there is legitimate concern. However, I have no clue if we ran the ball like we would in a regular season game or if we skewed plays toward the passing game to see what the backup WRs can do. That would be done because better to evaluate WRs and pass protection in the less physical practices and RBs in the more physical game on Saturday. I'll wait and see how the offense does in the game but certainly without White and Jeffrey our WR corps is not going to scare anyone. Can our inside running game be effective with a weak WR corps allowing safeties to focus on run first? I'm not optimistic.

Plus there is this: Leno filled in for an injured Mills and instantly looked better protecting against the edge rushers. This competition isn't over yet.