Was it the beer or did Cutler look different?

Chitownhustla

Cutler looked different on Saturday, I cant pinpoint but he had a different look in his eyes. He looked to be moving in the pocket better, a couple of times he made the smart move and ran with it instead of forcing a throw.

On the play were he lowered his shoulder and tried to bull rush his way into the endzone it just looked like he was trying to make a statement. Preseason or not he was going all out.

Did anyone else get the same feeling or was it the beer I was drinking???

The truth lies in the middle...

Beer does tend to make everything better.

Cutler looked different on Saturday, I cant pinpoint but he had a different look in his eyes. He looked to be moving in the pocket better, a couple of times he made the smart move and ran with it instead of forcing a throw.

On the play were he lowered his shoulder and tried to bull rush his way into the endzone it just looked like he was trying to make a statement. Preseason or not he was going all out.

The truth lies in the middle...

Beer does tend to make everything better.

Trust me, I am not letting myself get too pumped about anything this year. Once the games matter we will see what the coaching staff can get out of Cutler.

I am a firm believer that with the right game plan the coaches can win with Cutler.

Before White went down I said Cutler had a chance at a pro bowl. I think with out him he might not have as good a year as I thought but I still think he has a really solid game.

Gase is a Martz disciple and I thought for what Jay had to work with he was pretty solid with Martz.

Cutler has been known to do things like you mentioned. If you remember that game against Detroit a few years ago: http://www.simpliesports.com/wp-content/up...oit-268x201.png

He's been known to go all out from time to time, this seemed pretty "routine" for him. Maybe that look you saw was your beer goggles playing tricks on you.

80% truth

20% beer

Cutler looked really sharp, had great command, awesome accuracy, good progression, good decision making. Basically, he showed he's able to be the QB most believe he can be.

I'll believe it when I see it. Not only after 60 minutes of a "regular " season game against the opponents 1st team defense AND stays the course for at least the majority of the season... Then maybe I'll be a believer.

I'll believe it when I see it. Not only after 60 minutes of a "regular " season game against the opponents 1st team defense AND stays the course for at least the majority of the season... Then maybe I'll be a believer.

He needs to be a leader through adversity. I've seen flashes of it and I've seen the "Jay face" through it at other times. There is no adversity during the preseason.

And I'll disagree with Jason a tad. I thought Jay was a touch inaccurate early in the game. I seem to recall a pass that was either thrown behind or ahead of the Black Unicorn that could've been a bigger gain had it been on target. But maybe I'm nit-picking.

I want Jay to be the "man". I want him to succeed beyond our wildest dreams. But I'm not sticking my neck out for him anymore. As Mr. Grizzly says, SHOW ME. If we get through those first few games of the year with a win or two and Jay plays an important part in those wins, I'll be back on his side.