Uh oh...

Guest TerraTor

To me there isn't a lot of substance here. Just Martellus shooting off his mouth, which he's pretty good at doing. We all know that Cutler isn't 'leader material'. And after hearing from a few other players that they 'wanted to punch Cutler' (in response to the Geno Smith incident) you have to think he's not the most popular guy in the locker room. That being said, if somehow...someway he (Cutler) actually plays up to his potential (and the contract he's under) this will all be water under the bridge. Bennett will be a pro-bowler, maybe with Cutler, and bygones will be bygones. If not...Cutler will be gone and they'll have extra money to pay Bennett for his new contract.

What exactly is he trying to do with these comments? 3 weeks before the season and he wants to stir things up. He knows exactly what he is doing by saying what he said, I don't get the pay off.

He clearly wants a new contract and if you want to get paid you would think you would be on the straight and narrow. Maybe he wants out of Chicago???

As for the leadership deal with Cutler, I don't care if he is the leader or not I just want him to cut down on the turnovers. Would I prefer Cutler being a leader, yes I think it is always a great thing if the QB is the leader of the team. At this point the Bears just need him to not throw stupid INT's.

With the money they are paying Cutler I would expect him to be THE LEADER. He cant be THE leader until he play up to his talent level tho.

What exactly is he trying to do with these comments? 3 weeks before the season and he wants to stir things up. He knows exactly what he is doing by saying what he said, I don't get the pay off.

He clearly wants a new contract and if you want to get paid you would think you would be on the straight and narrow. Maybe he wants out of Chicago???

As for the leadership deal with Cutler, I don't care if he is the leader or not I just want him to cut down on the turnovers. Would I prefer Cutler being a leader, yes I think it is always a great thing if the QB is the leader of the team. At this point the Bears just need him to not throw stupid INT's.

With the money they are paying Cutler I would expect him to be THE LEADER. He cant be THE leader until he play up to his talent level tho.

Interview was done back in the summer when Bennett was holding out. In classic media fashion they wait to release it until the season is about to start.

Just keep that perspective (Bennett's) in mind when reading it. Remember, after his holdout Bennett joined Cutler down in Nashville where Cutler helped him get up to speed on the offense before camp started. Of course this is the time everyone said Alshon hated Cutler.

http://sportsmockery.com/2015/07/alshon-je...ceiver-went-to/

What did he say?

"Marty, he’s going to be an opinionated guy," Cutler said in a peaceful tone. "It’s just kind of who he is. That’s not going to change anytime soon. Some of us agree with some of the stuff Marty says. Some of us don’t agree with some of the stuff Marty says. But Marty’s going to say it either way.

"Marty came down to Nashville (earlier in the summer). We’ve worked really closely these last couple, three or four weeks just because he’s been gone (during the offseason). I talked to Marty today. I’ve got a good rapport with Marty, no matter what he says.

"I think he was trying to say there’s different leaders in every company, and the Bears, we’re not excluded from that group. Coach (John) Fox is going to lead differently than I am, and Adam Gase is going to lead differently than I am, and Marty’s going to lead a different way from the way that I do. So it is what it is. I know he’s doing everything possible to help us out. I’m excited for him.”