Ryan Mundy placed on IR

adam

https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/638133068407140353 We must be posturing for the #1 pick, this is getting ridiculous. Jennings cut, Mundy on IR, secondary getting really thin.

I wonder how many teams were waiting for the Bears to cut Mundy (NY Giants). The Bears kept really quiet on his injury issue.

Tim Jennings- I thought his salary would have justified him sticking for depth. He was one of the veterans last year that brought the team in for "players only" meeting. I wonder if he was considered a cancer?

I wonder how many teams were waiting for the Bears to cut Mundy (NY Giants). The Bears kept really quiet on his injury issue.

Tim Jennings- I thought his salary would have justified him sticking for depth. He was one of the veterans last year that brought the team in for "players only" meeting. I wonder if he was considered a cancer?

I am guessing it is as stated, going with youth, knowing we are in a rebuilding stage with the new GM, DC, & OC setting up new systems & team chemistry.

I have a bad feeling we are in for a lot of injuries, players going to the iR and 1st & 2nd year players stepping in to gain experience and prove they are part of our future.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I am expecting more than normal pick ups from team cuts and a further shakeup of our roster before the season kicks off.

I am guessing it is as stated, going with youth, knowing we are in a rebuilding stage with the new GM, DC, & OC setting up new systems & team chemistry.

I have a bad feeling we are in for a lot of injuries, players going to the iR and 1st & 2nd year players stepping in to gain experience and prove they are part of our future.

I am expecting more than normal pick ups from team cuts and a further shakeup of our roster before the season kicks off.

Was just thinking the same thing as far as FA signings from the all the players cut. Hoping Pace can find a couple of guys to add depth to some of the positions that are thin.

I would be willing to bet some of those pickups will be along the Oline. Maybe tackle...or two.

Heck at the rate we're going, probably WR too.

I would be willing to bet some of those pickups will be along the Oline. Maybe tackle...or two.

Heck at the rate we're going, probably WR too.

Bushrod has me worried. Leno and his penalties really have me worried too. I have to think there has to be one guy out there that can help out. Shit if there is a OG that is decent sign him and move Long to one of the Tackle spots.

WR how about the Broyles kid from Det????

Bushrod has me worried. Leno and his penalties really have me worried too. I have to think there has to be one guy out there that can help out. Shit if there is a OG that is decent sign him and move Long to one of the Tackle spots.

WR how about the Broyles kid from Det????

At WR just about anyone would be good with all the injuries right now.

Watching the game replay right now and man Leno is a hot mess. Almost every play he's being pushed back into Cutlers face or losing inside leverage. Man it's just plain awful.

Watching the game replay right now and man Leno is a hot mess. Almost every play he's being pushed back into Cutlers face or losing inside leverage. Man it's just plain awful.

Mills wasn't any better. Either Pace finds a replacement via other teams discards or Long is gonna go outside.

The question then becomes is there a guard on the team who is better than what they got from Mills/Leno at OT?

OT play is certainly important, but if we're gonna be a run first team then you might want the interior line to be a strength.

Has anyone heard if Grasu has played any OG in camp?

On Aug 5th I was at TC and what I saw then and what I'm seeing now is the same. Injuries, poor execution and very unimaginitive play calling. I saw the team continue to work on the underneath routes and feel like this is an offense made for Marty B.

The running plays seemed to be all between the tackles and the o-line was getting manhandled by our d-line. At that time the only bright spots I saw was the blocking of Rodgers and Langford. For the first time in my 49 years of watching Bears football I am totally bummed about the upcoming season and that takes a lot for me to feel this way.

On Aug 5th I was at TC and what I saw then and what I'm seeing now is the same. Injuries, poor execution and very unimaginitive play calling. I saw the team continue to work on the underneath routes and feel like this is an offense made for Marty B.

The running plays seemed to be all between the tackles and the o-line was getting manhandled by our d-line. At that time the only bright spots I saw was the blocking of Rodgers and Langford. For the first time in my 49 years of watching Bears football I am totally bummed about the upcoming season and that takes a lot for me to feel this way.

I am just hoping that Fox is doing some of the vanilla play calling on purpose. Our first game is against GB, so why give them any idea on what we are actually going to run? Obviously we have some concerns on the O-Line and in the secondary, but you would be hard pressed to find a team that has the luxury of rotating Allen, McPhee, Houston, and Young playing DE/OLB. If we can get constant pressure, that will take some heat off the secondary.

Either way, we all know we are not making the playoffs, so in the end I would just like to see some competitive games.

From the mess I saw last Saturday, I am feeling the same dread for this season.

What I saw of the game sure looks like he doesn't stay low like he should he gets stood up too easy and as an OL when you stand up and give up leverage it's game over you get tossed around like a rag doll which I think why he has to resort to holding in an attempt to keep Jay from getting blown up. His technique and footwork are awful.