30 Hurst, Demontre

20 Mitchell, Terrance

25 Porter, Tracy

37 Callahan, Bryce

ST (3)

9 Gould, Robbie K

16 O'Donnell, Pat P

43 Gafford, Thomas LS

I think Terrence Mitchell has played well enough to stick around IMO. We're rebuilding and it makes more sense to give the roster spot to a young player who has upside than to a veteran like Porter who has an injury history and is already injured before the season starts. Porter was playing well before he went down but I'll take the youth right now.

I updated my first post with some better projections. Everything almost looks set unless we acquire someone else. For offense, depending on health, we will either carry 3x QBs due to Clausen's status, or 6th WR due to WR health. I think we could even add a 4th TE for the final spot on offense.

To me, most positions seem pretty locked in. The only major changes will be if we pick up some other off the waiver wire (which I fully suspect we will).

Just to put this in perspective, the Bears have had a 44% roster turnover (23 new players and counting) from opening day 2014 to 2015:

roster.png

3 more new players and half the roster will be turned over in one offseason.

Bostic, Dunn, Fales, and Young are still potential roster cuts from 2014.

Wow Tayo made the final cut. We'll see if that holds or if Bears try to move him to practice squad as they shuffle the bottom end of the roster this weekend.

At WR keeping both Meredith and Bellamy. Have to figure Meredith heads to practice squad once (or if) all the WRs are healthy.

Wow Tayo made the final cut. We'll see if that holds or if Bears try to move him to practice squad as they shuffle the bottom end of the roster this weekend.

At WR keeping both Meredith and Bellamy. Have to figure Meredith heads to practice squad once (or if) all the WRs are healthy.

Absolutely, but just based on last year's opening day 53-man roster, Tayo, Meredith, and Bellamy or whoever is in their place will be new to the roster.

Absolutely, but just based on last year's opening day 53-man roster, Tayo, Meredith, and Bellamy or whoever is in their place will be new to the roster.

I will update my thoughts... Tayo sticking around likely means there is a lot of concern about Bushrod's back and of course our other OTs are not playing well. Leno returned to backup LT and I think the experiment with him at RT is over. With Mills making the final cut I expect he will start at RT in Week 1. Is Tayo kept around as insurance at OT, or are we working him into the backup OG slot since Ducasse hasn't played well?

53 man roster in first post, surprised about Porter and Callahan.

I didn't even know there was a guy named Bryce Callahan on the roster. Keeping 11 DBs is a surprise to me, 6 CB, 5 S. Seems like we're throwing a lot of darts at the board hoping to hit on a few.

OTOH we only have 5 Dline and one of them is C. Washington who is in transition to a new role inside. I don't expect much from him this year and figure he flashed some potential there especially in pass rush but made the roster more off his special teams ability. So we're just running with 4 experienced Dlinemen unless Fangio considers moving guys like Houston/McPhee inside as part of the rotation. Ratliff is on the reserve/suspended list so I guess he does not count toward the 53.

I didn't even know there was a guy named Bryce Callahan on the roster. Keeping 11 DBs is a surprise to me, 6 CB, 5 S. Seems like we're throwing a lot of darts at the board hoping to hit on a few.

OTOH we only have 5 Dline and one of them is C. Washington who is in transition to a new role inside. I don't expect much from him this year and figure he flashed some potential there especially in pass rush but made the roster more off his special teams ability. So we're just running with 4 experienced Dlinemen unless Fangio considers moving guys like Houston/McPhee inside as part of the rotation. Ratliff is on the reserve/suspended list so I guess he does not count toward the 53.

Yeah,

I don't think they will be on the final 53-man roster. I am expecting 4-5 more moves overall. There are some good players out there for one reason or another. Even if you are just improving the bottom of the roster, you still are improving.