RGIII

Bears4Ever_34

I may be the only one who would actually be interested in taking a flyer on him if he gets released by the Redskins. From my perspective, there is absolutely no downside to signing him. And I'm not talking about bringing him to be the starting QB for this year. I'm thinking more along the lines of having him learn the offense for a year as the backup, and then seeing what you got when training camp rolls around next season, whether that's as a starter or backup. This season is going to suck anyways. I'd rather have a potential starter backing up Jay Cutler than Jimmy Clausen, who has zero chance of ever being a full time starter again.

I may be the only one who would actually be interested in taking a flyer on him if he gets released by the Redskins. From my perspective, there is absolutely no downside to signing him. And I'm not talking about bringing him to be the starting QB for this year. I'm thinking more along the lines of having him learn the offense for a year as the backup, and then seeing what you got when training camp rolls around next season, whether that's as a starter or backup. This season is going to suck anyways. I'd rather have a potential starter backing up Jay Cutler than Jimmy Clausen, who has zero chance of ever being a full time starter again.

You might be correct in that you could be the only one supporting this. RGIII is not seeing the field right now in the offense "he knows". He looks completely lost with respect to what the defense is doing and more often than not he's dialed in on one WR. From what he showed in his 2nd preseason game (within that offense "he knows") he cannot perform better than Clausen does with our offense. There is no way I can see him coming in to an offense he does not know and performing better than Clausen at any point this season.

If you take a chance on a guy like this it is done during the offseason (i.e. next offseason) when you can carry 90 players and he has the time to learn the offense and coaches can work with him on his fundamentals. There is no way I can see us giving up one of our 53 roster spots to carry RGIII this season as our only backup QB behind Cutler who we most likely know will miss some games. When you consider all the injuries to our WRs I will not be surprised to see us carrying 6 WRs to start this year.

Any team bringing him in should do so with the intention of telling him he's the backup QB. He needs to come down off his high horse for a couple seasons IMO and sit back and learn without the pressure. If he turns it around in a season and competes to be the starter a year down the road no worries. I just don't see that happening next year anywhere in the NFL.

The Redskins are turds. In his rookie season, prior to his injury, RGIII looked special. I don't know what happened the last two years, but bottom line, if was cut, I'd absolutely give it a whirl. #2 overall pick and would have been #1 in a normal draft. We are in a year where we are evaluating everyone. I have no problem evaluating RG III and Jay. If one of them actually looks solid, it would be huge in terms of speeding up the rebuild.

I'm willing to admit he might be damaged goods at this point. Maybe he's already been hit too many times, and injuries have taken their toll, but I still don't think it would be that detrimental to sign him off the street for cheap when he eventually gets cut. There's very little downside. If it doesn't work out, he gets cut again. I actually think Adam Gase's offense is a good fit with his skill set.

I think his biggest issue is trying to get away from what made him special in the first place, which was the read option. Perhaps he would reconsider when he finds himself looking for a job as a free agent. It could be his last chance to stick on an NFL roster, sadly.

No. RGIII is not a potential starter.

He is still an elite talent. It's reasonable to think that another team could get more out of him than Jay Gruden did as a starter; which really shouldn't be that difficult to do, considering Jay Gruden did everything in his power to ruin him from Day 1.

I could be completely wrong about him, but I wouldn't close the book on him as a potential starter for another team just yet. He's still in his twenties. I think Buffalo would be a great spot for him to land.

Waste of time if you are looking for a long term starter. But he would be better than Clausen in the back up role.

He was special one year and what did he do that year???? He ran all over everyone. What happens when small skinny QB's run the ball in the NFL??? They get hurt. What keeps happening to RG3, he keeps getting hurt.

He has not shown that he can sit in the pocket and be a pocket passing QB.

People were against drafting Petty because of the system he played in while at Baylor, where did RG3 play....... Just saying......