Alshon Jeffery mystery

Alaskan Grizzly

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...n=chicago-bears

So being a Bears fan I have to admit I'm starting to get a little nervous about the goings on behind the scenes. Is this typical with Fox? (being evasive about the status of players?). I know a lot of you are pretty much writing this year off before it starts but I'm not. I don't like going into something with a defeatist attitude. I have some glimmer of hope the team will do better that expected. I have to, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Heck I don't like the Cubs due in part that I believe they simply will never win the big one in my lifetime. Anyhow with White out and now AJ under that same cloud of suspiciousness I'm beginning to get concerned.

Alshon will eventually get back on the field. Reportedly his calf injury can be tricky to come back from but I'd rather have the team preparing him for week 1 than the last game of the preseason. We'll see. Unless you don't trust the organization but as for me, I worry so much about all the injury details. I especially don't worry about whiny reporters who don't get everything they want. I never saw any reports that they did the wrong thing with White's recovery other than reporters upset they didn't know the details.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...n=chicago-bears

So being a Bears fan I have to admit I'm starting to get a little nervous about the goings on behind the scenes. Is this typical with Fox? (being evasive about the status of players?). I know a lot of you are pretty much writing this year off before it starts but I'm not. I don't like going into something with a defeatist attitude. I have some glimmer of hope the team will do better that expected. I have to, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Heck I don't like the Cubs due in part that I believe they simply will never win the big one in my lifetime. Anyhow with White out and now AJ under that same cloud of suspiciousness I'm beginning to get concerned.

I am right there with you. I am not allowing myself to get too excited to be let down like last year. I did think that the offense could be good and that the Defense would improve solely based on Fangio replacing Tucker.

I was thinking 8-8 and a possible 10-6 if the ball bounced our way.

My prediction keeps getting worse with each injury and bad performance

White....minus one game (thought he would be a game changer)

Ratliff....minus one game (anchor of the D)

Alshon.....minus one game (game changer) if he is fine come week one, add another win

Oline looking like hot garbage....minus one game

I hope they are just resting Alshon because they are already know what they have with him and there is no reason to risk having the calf flare up.

I hope they are just resting Alshon because they are already know what they have with him and there is no reason to risk having the calf flare up.

There's also no reason to be this firkin evasive. Something's up. I have my fantasy draft tonight and was looking at Alshon being available at the end of the second or beginning of the third round, when I'd probably take him. But at this rate, I'll pass.

There's also no reason to be this firkin evasive. Something's up. I have my fantasy draft tonight and was looking at Alshon being available at the end of the second or beginning of the third round, when I'd probably take him. But at this rate, I'll pass.

I remember commenting on how it appeared Fox was irritated about White's injury and thought it had more to do with the constant bantering from the media about his status. He came across as terse and sounded somewhat Belichek-esque with repeating the same message "he's day to day" etc. Of course we all later learned what he had to already know which was his 1st round pick was not only not going to be ready for the first game of the season but quite possibly the whole season. And again when faced with the questions about AJ he seems to be in that same 'mood' and one has to wonder, what gives?

I can't say I blame him as coming in he thought he had a pretty good staff (with Gase and Fangio as the main pieces) but none of them are miracle workers. The players seem to be dropping faster than they can account for them and I would guess that is the most frustrating.

Alshon will eventually get back on the field. Reportedly his calf injury can be tricky to come back from but I'd rather have the team preparing him for week 1 than the last game of the preseason. We'll see. Unless you don't trust the organization but as for me, I worry so much about all the injury details. I especially don't worry about whiny reporters who don't get everything they want. I never saw any reports that they did the wrong thing with White's recovery other than reporters upset they didn't know the details.

Agreed, like I said to Cracker's response I could care less about the media's 'feelings' but obviously not being an insider, that's really the only way for me (the fan) to get the info. But as far as trusting the organization, I really do have a ton of respect for Fox and to the same extent Gase and Fangio because of their reputation. I mean to say this is the first time in Bears history they've hired an experienced NFL HC says a lot. I've seen what he can do and has done with other teams and hope he can do it here too. I'm just not patient enough to wait until next year or the year after for it to happen.

Right there with you guys...

Agreed, like I said to Cracker's response I could care less about the media's 'feelings' but obviously not being an insider, that's really the only way for me (the fan) to get the info. But as far as trusting the organization, I really do have a ton of respect for Fox and to the same extent Gase and Fangio because of their reputation. I mean to say this is the first time in Bears history they've hired an experienced NFL HC says a lot. I've seen what he can do and has done with other teams and hope he can do it here too. I'm just not patient enough to wait until next year or the year after for it to happen.

Reminds me of Hoodie Bill with all of his responses to every question. They are required to give a certain amount of info on an injury. They do not gain anything from give more then is required so I have no problem with Foz being vague.