Brady Walks

CrackerDog

Just glad it's over. I do wonder if the league will appeal. This is, however, a real indictment of the arbitrary nature of Goodell's rulings. I believe Brady was guilty as sin but if the NFL can't convince a judge to take their side, when the Commissioner is supposed to have discretion in these matters, it speaks volumes about how shitty a job he's doing.

Just glad it's over. I do wonder if the league will appeal. This is, however, a real indictment of the arbitrary nature of Goodell's rulings. I believe Brady was guilty as sin but if the NFL can't convince a judge to take their side, when the Commissioner is supposed to have discretion in these matters, it speaks volumes about how shitty a job he's doing.

I think they have to appeal. It neuters the NFL and Goodall if they keep getting overturned in court.

I think they have to appeal. It neuters the NFL and Goodall if they keep getting overturned in court.

On the one hand I'm glad its over...or should be soon. On the other, I can't help think that Brady 'got away with it' or will. Unfortunately, as Cracker alluded to, Goodell has managed to flounder through his tenure as Commish and this ruling is a more a testament to that than anything. From what I recall hearing on a recent airing of "Mike and Mike" they said the judge in this matter generally ruled in the favor of the NFL. So for him to break 'tradition' tells you that he wasn't sold on the NFL's case. Although we may not agree, the CBA these guys (the players in general) signed off on gave Gooddell (Commissioner in general) a lot of decision making ability. One of which was for him not only to hear a case and make a judgment, like this, but also act as arbitrator...of sorts. Unfortunately they (NFLPA and judge) seemed to think Goodell didn't allow enough 'due process' (which to me is BS) hence why I think we see the judgment today.

I'm not at all happy the smug Brady and compatriots got away with it but am glad the distraction will soon be over.

Just read the entire decision.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/publi...00000520629.pdf

Interesting to note that the judge does not dismiss the fact the Patriots cheated. Brady is allowed to play simply because he, and any other NFL player, were never notified that if they were involved in a cheating scheme they could only be expected to be fined and not suspended. Hence Goodell cannot suspend Brady because he was not given prior notice of the punishment for cheating.

Also noted was the fact Goodell used the NFL Policy on Integrity of the Game and Enforcement of Competitive Rules clause that is given to GMs, Coaches, etc. but not to players. This is what was used to punish the Browns GM for texting during a game.

Essentially what this judge says is that per NFL guidelines players are allowed to cheat in the NFL with no punishment beyond a fine.

In summary:

Patriots cheating = Guilty and subject to whatever punishment commissioner deals out under Integrity of the Game rules.

Patriots equipment managers cheating = Guilty but since they are not players they can be suspended as has been done with other equipment managers caught cheating in the past. Essentially they had fair notice of the punishment for cheating.

Brady cheating = Guilty but can only be fined and it looks like the fine is a mere $5,000.

It ain't over yet...it's just delayed. In the meantime, Tom Shady will play.

Is it possible that both sides are right? Brady cheated (in some fashion or another) & Goodell is an a-hole tool?

I don't get it?

He's referring to the game the previous week that the Pats played against Baltimore. In that game the Pats won by a slimmer margin. And assuming Brady cheated in that game like he did with the Colts the following week, that may have made enough a difference for the Pats to win. Had it not, the Colts and Ravens would've her playing in the AFC Championship.

He's referring to the game the previous week that the Pats played against Baltimore. In that game the Pats won by a slimmer margin. And assuming Brady cheated in that game like he did with the Colts the following week, that may have made enough a difference for the Pats to win. Had it not, the Colts and Ravens would've her playing in the AFC Championship.

Supposedly, the Ravens tipped the Colts off about it.

Actually, the biggest question is how many more fumbles will the team have?

Who knows they may fumble it less. They may fumble it more. I'll tell you one thing, there are other factors that will affect the amount of fumbles way more than the PSI.

I cant remember did the Pats fumble in the 2nd half of the Colts game or the SB?

I have no idea on exacts. I'm just basing it on the Deadline report that came out that they are ridiculously low given standard deviation.

Who knows they may fumble it less. They may fumble it more. I'll tell you one thing, there are other factors that will affect the amount of fumbles way more than the PSI.

I cant remember did the Pats fumble in the 2nd half of the Colts game or the SB?

Tom Brady looked OK with the 12.5 PSI footballs. It was raining to boot.

They did have a fumble which they didn't lose. The player that fumbled is a new player to the Pats so it doesn't do much for comparing stats for player fumbles pre PSI and after PSI.

Either way Im sure the rain had more influence on the fumble than the PSI or just the violent nature of the game.