Willie Young on the trading block

adam

Interesting name on the trade block: #Bears OLB Willie Young, who had 10 sacks last year but also suffered an Achilles injury.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/640192571986329601

Makes sense considering we have McPhee, Allen, Houston, Acho, and potentially Bass already on the outside. With the need for another Special Teamer (due to Perry injury), I could see them going with Anderson, Timu, and Wells over Young, Foster, and Bostic.

Not the least bit surprising, although I would caution the Bears. Young could still play DE when the Bears go with a 4-3 look. Fangio is a multiple front guy. I imagine his plans for Jared Allen would be similar, as we saw against the Colts. Allen's sack came when he had a hand on the ground. I'd keep Willie Young around unless you can get an unexpected higher draft pick or more valuable player for him.

Contract stipulations is why Houston won't go. Plus this is the D he succeeded in at Oak. Hate to see Willie go, but maybe we get a good draft pick?

Yeah, Houston has looked pretty damn good in preseason. Young has as well, but like you said the contract could have something to do with it.

I'm hoping for either a decent draft pick or a OLineman.

Yeah, Houston has looked pretty damn good in preseason. Young has as well, but like you said the contract could have something to do with it.

I'm hoping for either a decent draft pick or a OLineman.

And then we find out Bass is being let go. Who to me looks and plays very similar to Young. Still hate to see Willie go.

Sort of related:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Rumblings among NFL execs and agents about Kam Chancellor perhaps seeking a trade. He hasn't been granted permission to speak to other clubs

Damn, I would love Kam, adding him and McPhee in one offseason? What would you be willing to trade for him?

I am reading the Seahawks would want two high draft picks and it seems Kam is wanting BIG $$$ for a new contract.

As much as I would love to have him on our roster it might be too expensive in draft picks and contract $$$ for a team trying to rebuild

I am reading the Seahawks would want two high draft picks and it seems Kam is wanting BIG $$$ for a new contract.

As much as I would love to have him on our roster it might be too expensive in draft picks and contract $$$ for a team trying to rebuild

I am mixed, you have to pay someone, and it might as well be a perennial Pro Bowler and someone who is top 5 at their position every year. The way contracts work nowadays, it is more about the guaranteed money vs the contract or annual salary. If they were willing to take Willie Young and a 3rd, would you do it?

I am mixed, you have to pay someone, and it might as well be a perennial Pro Bowler and someone who is top 5 at their position every year. The way contracts work nowadays, it is more about the guaranteed money vs the contract or annual salary. If they were willing to take Willie Young and a 3rd, would you do it?

For Willie & a 3rd, yep, no problem. I question if SEA has a big enough need for Willie to accept the deal.

If we could swing it without losing more than a 3rd, sweet, a no brain-er.

I'm right there with you. He'd be a great addition to the defense and while I'd give him the big contract I don't want to give up too much in future picks to get him.