Bears waive Jordan Mills

scs787

It's odd to me that Mills was cut after spending so much time with the ones. It doesn't give Long much time to learn the position or the line to "gel". I figured he'd be kept for depth.

November 15th should be a fun game, we might get to see Kyle and his brother line up against each other 1 on 1.

Not that I think he's any good, but it is still miidly surprising. This coupled with the facts that 1. Leno sucks and 2. they just added a guy who is probably better suited at OG leads me to believe Kyle Long will be the starting RT this year.

I think they know they have nothing in those two so on to the next one in line.

It's odd to me that Mills was cut after spending so much time with the ones. It doesn't give Long much time to learn the position or the line to "gel". I figured he'd be kept for depth.

November 15th should be a fun game, we might get to see Kyle and his brother line up against each other 1 on 1.

Mills was given a fair shot to start in the nfl. He couldn't succeed vs the 2nd team. I think he mentally checked out and it is better off to part. Plus moving Long is progress. Spending a 1st RD pick on a G is a luxury the Bears cannot afford.

Mills was given a fair shot to start in the nfl. He couldn't succeed vs the 2nd team. I think he mentally checked out and it is better off to part. Plus moving Long is progress. Spending a 1st RD pick on a G is a luxury the Bears cannot afford.

Mills was one of the worst starters in the league last year (at any position). He along with a few others is addition by subtraction. Like CrackerDog, the coaching staff/front office are not messing around.

Good. Maybe this means they recognize the faults of the OL have historically plagued the Bears for far too long, and they'll focus on drafting OL over and over until the OL is fixed. I like the idea of 2016's draft starting out something like:

1.Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame

2.Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

Good. Maybe this means they recognize the faults of the OL have historically plagued the Bears for far too long, and they'll focus on drafting OL over and over until the OL is fixed. I like the idea of 2016's draft starting out something like:

1.Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame

2.Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

If we are drafting in the top 10 again, I wouldn't be surprised if we target a QB with our first pick, then go OT in the 2nd. I guess it will all come down to performance this year. Secondary needs an upgrade as well.

I think it's as simple as where we are in the draft and who is available. If there's a stud QB to be had, I think they'd pull the trigger. We have so many needs... I just know the trenches need to be addressed with a high pick. Be it 1, 2 or 3.

If we are drafting in the top 10 again, I wouldn't be surprised if we target a QB with our first pick, then go OT in the 2nd. I guess it will all come down to performance this year. Secondary needs an upgrade as well.

I think it's as simple as where we are in the draft and who is available. If there's a stud QB to be had, I think they'd pull the trigger. We have so many needs... I just know the trenches need to be addressed with a high pick. Be it 1, 2 or 3.

Absolutely, but I wouldn't say we have a ton of needs, just on the O-Line, D-Line, LBs, Secondary, and potentially QB, WR, and RB.

Hopefully Long is good enough at RT this year that they shift him to LT next year with Bushrod moving to Rt. I don't think Bushrod is that good but still might give him a year at the lesser RT position thus eliminating the need for an OT for next year.

CB is the position that looks to be the biggest weak spot so I would look to potentially go CB round 1 then OG round 2. I think Jay, like or not, sticks around 1 more year after this to get all his guaranteed money.

At LB, I just think Fangio has a knack for coaching up LBs. Like I said previously in another thread, the way John Timu played in the preseason dude looks like a player in this league. It would not shock me if this time next year we have 2 UDFAs as our starting ILBs in Christian Jones and John Timu.

At DL, I really loved what we saw from Ego, Sutton, and Goldman. I think that becomes our starting 3 for years to come.

CB, OG, and S are the 3 positions I'm most concerned about going into next year.

I wouldn't necessarily walk away from Fabuluje as our future starting RT, or RG. I can see Bushrod moving over to RT next year and giving another season to Tayo to develop but I can also see that back injury ending Bushrod's career with the Bears in 2016.

Something had to start clicking with Tayo later in the preseason because he made the final roster, and these coaches will cut anyone not performing. From the outside it seemed Tayo was at best just a practice squad candidate.

I wouldn't necessarily walk away from Fabuluje as our future starting RT, or RG. I can see Bushrod moving over to RT next year and giving another season to Tayo to develop but I can also see that back injury ending Bushrod's career with the Bears in 2016.

Something had to start clicking with Tayo later in the preseason because he made the final roster, and these coaches will cut anyone not performing. From the outside it seemed Tayo was at best just a practice squad candidate.

Hopefully Tayo progresses and becomes a contibutor. The team may cut Bushrod next season to cash in on the cap savings if he doesn't improve on his play lately. I gave him a little relief since Slausen went down last year. No excuses this round. The team may be best off to draft a OLT if there is one available at our pick.