Mike McCarthy

Alaskan Grizzly

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000052...-was-all-in-fun

Perhaps you heard about McCarthy spouting off about what will inevitability hold true? What troubles me is not that he said it but how it appears he feels he has to apologize for saying it. What happened to the days of posting comments like this on the bulletin board for motivating our team to prove him wrong? Or to simply challenge us (Bears) in bringing our A game rather than suck like we've done for the last 10-11 games? Heck like the article points out, Fox even admits to a degree that McCarthy is right or least substantiated in his bravado. This sport is barbaric in nature and has no room for politeness.

You think the late great Art Donovan ever apologized for some of his comments?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000052...-was-all-in-fun

You think the late great Art Donovan ever apologized for some of his comments?

How about when Woody Hayes was asked why he went for 2 when his team scored on Michigan while already leading by 30 points and he said "Because I couldn't go for 3."

That's how it ought to be.

F*ck McDickwad, I hope we jam it down his throat.

I am actually surprised at all the love Green Bay is getting in the media this year (even after the Nelson injury). They just lost potentially their best skill position player (W/R/T) in Nelson and they are still Super Bowl contenders? I don't think people realize just how important Nelson has been to that offense and Rodgers.

Rodgers has an astronomical QB Rating when passing to Nelson: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-s...-wr-duo-in-nfl/

The link only shows pre-2014 numbers, so when you add in 2014, they would be even better.

Nelson accounted for 34% of Rodgers Passing Yards, TD's and 3rd Down passes last year, and was targeted 28% of the time overall. Nelson averaged 95 yards per game and has torched us:

Nelson's last 4 seasons against Bears:

10-108, 2 TD

6-152, 2 TD

4-67, 0 TD

10-161, 0 TD

6-84, 0 TD

3-40, 0 TD

6-115, 2 TD

I am sorry but Davante Adams, Ty Montgomery, or James Jones are not going to put up those type of numbers.

I am actually surprised at all the love Green Bay is getting in the media this year (even after the Nelson injury). They just lost potentially their best skill position player (W/R/T) in Nelson and they are still Super Bowl contenders? I don't think people realize just how important Nelson has been to that offense and Rodgers.

Rodgers has an astronomical QB Rating when passing to Nelson: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-s...-wr-duo-in-nfl/

The link only shows pre-2014 numbers, so when you add in 2014, they would be even better.

Nelson accounted for 34% of Rodgers Passing Yards, TD's and 3rd Down passes last year, and was targeted 28% of the time overall. Nelson averaged 95 yards per game and has torched us:

10-108, 2 TD

6-152, 2 TD

4-67, 0 TD

10-161, 0 TD

6-84, 0 TD

3-40, 0 TD

6-115, 2 TD

I am sorry but Davante Adams, Ty Montgomery, or James Jones are not going to put up those type of numbers.

Isn't Cobb on some sort of injury list too? He's been a big part of Rodger's success as of late too if I recall.

Isn't Cobb on some sort of injury list too? He's been a big part of Rodger's success as of late too if I recall.

Yes your right he is banged up but is expected to play. And I agree with you guys. I honestly don't see it. And whenever ppl are asked why they picked GB it's always the same answer "Rodgers". Now correct if I'm wrong but even with everyone healthy Rodgers has failed on most occasions even winning a single playoff game. Take away his 1 SB yr and his playoff record is not good at all. But because he's won 1 time all his misfortunes are glossed over. Just wondering. Let's say Cutler has an mvp season gets us to the super bowl and beating Rodgers on his way there and then wins super bowl mvp what his perception would be. Can't tell me ppl will forgive him lol

Yes your right he is banged up but is expected to play. And I agree with you guys. I honestly don't see it. And whenever ppl are asked why they picked GB it's always the same answer "Rodgers". Now correct if I'm wrong but even with everyone healthy Rodgers has failed on most occasions even winning a single playoff game. Take away his 1 SB yr and his playoff record is not good at all. But because he's won 1 time all his misfortunes are glossed over. Just wondering. Let's say Cutler has an mvp season gets us to the super bowl and beating Rodgers on his way there and then wins super bowl mvp what his perception would be. Can't tell me ppl will forgive him lol

Yeah, Rodgers is 2-5 outside of their Super Bowl run year in 2010. That year was crazy too, they got in as the 2nd Wild Card after beating us 10-3 in Week 17. Then they went on and won 4 straight. An interesting note, they had a Pick-6 in each of their last 3 playoff games where 2 of them were decided by a TD or less.

Cobb has an AC joint sprain and one hard tackle landing on that shoulder will easily re-injure that joint. So I don't know how often he is going to go over the middle. If we can control Lacy, then I think we have a fighting chance.

10-108, 2 TD

6-152, 2 TD

4-67, 0 TD

10-161, 0 TD

6-84, 0 TD

3-40, 0 TD

6-115, 2 TD

Losing Nelson hurts. If Cobb is hurt or slowed down that will really help. Rodgers will be fine, he makes it very easy for WR's to be successful. James Jones just resigned, he had 14 TD"s while playing with Rodger one year, he knows the offense it wont take long to get him going.