Acho contract terminated

adam

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago-bears/post...of-olb-sam-acho

I knew he was sick, but to the point where his contract was terminated? This is odd.

Veteran linebacker Sam Acho had been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Packers due to an illness. He’s now permanently out, due to that same illness.

Per a league source, Acho has been released with a non-football illness designation.

[uPDATE] Looks like they expect him to be out a couple of weeks, so as to not have portions of his salary count against the cap (the weeks he is out), they terminated him before Week 1. If they bring him back, he will be paid on a week to week basis. So in the end seems to be a smart fiscal move on the Bears part.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago-bears/post...of-olb-sam-acho

I knew he was sick, but to the point where his contract was terminated? This is odd.

[uPDATE] Looks like they expect him to be out a couple of weeks, so as to not have portions of his salary count against the cap (the weeks he is out), they terminated him before Week 1. If they bring him back, he will be paid on a week to week basis. So in the end seems to be a smart fiscal move on the Bears part.

I think it is all about youth movement. Barrow was with Denver last year and I assume Fox likes him enough to make a transaction. I think they know and are saying that this year is about growing and evaluating the young players and have no sense of making the playoffs this year. It is just the reality of years of bad drafting.

I think it is all about youth movement. Barrow was with Denver last year and I assume Fox likes him enough to make a transaction. I think they know and are saying that this year is about growing and evaluating the young players and have no sense of making the playoffs this year. It is just the reality of years of bad drafting.

I can't help but thinking the same, this has been the strangest off season that I can remember....mystery injuries, surprising cuts.....

It looks to me like we are in a major rebuilding mode and I don't doubt that if Cutler had a contract that would allow his release he would be gone.

It will be an interesting year.

I think it's a bit youth movement, the fact that he's probably 5th on the depth chart, and also ST purposes. Your 5th guy on the depth chart should probably play ST.

According to reports Fox really likes Barrow, and he's a special teams ace.

It is only because Acho cannot play today. They need someone to cover his ST duties. Once he is healthy, he will be re-signed and Barrow back to the practice squad. This is worked out under the table with Acho. That is my hunch