Cutler sucks OVER 50% of the time

NAMEDSONPAYTON2

If you watch the play, Wilson was WIDE open in the middle, but it was amazing how fast Matthews got over there. What it seems like the Bears are doing is calling plays away from the pressure, which is great, but it almost seemed like Cutler was baited into that throw. If he pumped faked and threw to Wilson, that is a 20+ yard gain.

Even though he threw that one, he didn't have any fumbles (almost one), had some good scrambles, and ran the offense efficiently. Also, the receivers had several drops, which made his stats look a lot worse.

Matthews took off for that area right at the snap Cutler missed a read, that's it. Wilson was wide open and could have been a TD very easily, he was that open with a lane to run after the catch.

I said this last year and Ill say it this year, I just want to see Cutler NOT make the completely stupid bone head plays that have plagued him. He didn't make any of those plays yesterday.

Did he miss a read on that INT, yes but no QB is perfect and Matthews made a great play.

And you mentioned it, Cutler made some good if not great plays on his feet.

I think this unit is going to get better and Cutler will too. After yesterday's game my faith on Cutler turning it around went up a little bit.

Quit talking about the past. The game yesterday had one mistake and it was more Matthews doing great than Cutler doing poorly. Should we ignore the dropped, sure-fire TD pass? Or the fact that it was OBVIOUS the coaching staff went into the game with a very conservative approach intended to limit Cutler's production?

He looked a lot different yesterday, period.

Stop living in the last you say? Now that's rich... This coming from a guy who rips Lovie Smith at every chance.

Anyhow I digress. Yes overall, the team did well. Cutler did ok. In watching the replay just a little bit ago I had forgotten about the near fumble in the first half and the near interception in the end zone to Micah Hyde during that three and out debacle in the red zone. That near miss was much more Cutler-esque than was the throw to Matthews.

Jays still locking on targets. Yes he's getting better at distributing the ball to other players and checking options. But when he gets lazy he watches his receiver nearly start to finish. In a play shortly before the interception they show Cutler throw a nice toss to Bennett (nearly in the same area as the int) but for 2/3rds of that play he watched Bennett cross the field until he threw the ball. I would be willing to bet that Matthews noticed that and when he went to do the throw to Bennett shortly after Matthews watched Jays eyes and cut the route. Right behind Matthews and trailing was Wilson who was pretty open because Matthews scrambled left.

Maybe they could give Jay one of them Michael Vick tinted visors? ?

Stop living in the last you say? Now that's rich... This coming from a guy who rips Lovie Smith at every chance.

Anyhow I digress. Yes overall, the team did well. Cutler did ok. In watching the replay just a little bit ago I had forgotten about the near fumble in the first half and the near interception in the end zone to Micah Hyde during that three and out debacle in the red zone. That near miss was much more Cutler-esque than was the throw to Matthews.

Jays still locking on targets. Yes he's getting better at distributing the ball to other players and checking options. But when he gets lazy he watches his receiver nearly start to finish. In a play shortly before the interception they show Cutler throw a nice toss to Bennett (nearly in the same area as the int) but for 2/3rds of that play he watched Bennett cross the field until he threw the ball. I would be willing to bet that Matthews noticed that and when he went to do the throw to Bennett shortly after Matthews watched Jays eyes and cut the route. Right behind Matthews and trailing was Wilson who was pretty open because Matthews scrambled left.

That's why I said he is uncoachable, for a veteran, he still locks on receivers, for a veteran, he still does not step up in the pocket, for a veteran, he still waits to throw the ball when the receiver is open, not RIGHT BEFORE the receiver gets open. He keeps going back to making mental mistakes like a rookie. That's why he's known as a jeckle/hyde,because he's an athlete but still does a lot of rookie mistakes. Maybe one reason why the our defense gets soooo close to sacking the qb is because they expect the opposing qb to NOT step up in the pocket like (Cut-her) probably does in practice. It pisses the hell out of me i'm yelling at (Cut-her) and the TV " STEP UP". Eddie Royal was a little open in the endzone if the ball would of been thrown to the right side of the endzone where only he could of got to it, and I know (Cut-her) had pressure, but that's a throw many qb's with as many snaps as (cut-her) has in the NFL, make.

I usually rip Lovie when people bring his name up with revisionist history. Same with Shoop.

Listening to Kyle Long talk about the failed trip in the red zone on AM1000,he pretty much took the blame for the 4th down play saying he missed a blitz pick up and Cutler had to get rid of the ball quicker than he wanted to. I did like the fact that Cutler took off and ran a couple of times for positive yards.