Allen confident Bears will rebound

adam

To be fair, what do you expect Allen to say 2 weeks into the season? He's got to say positive things.

On that note, I don't think the season is over either. But this weekend is going to be tough.

Yeah it'd brutal but we all knew when the schedule came out there was a good possibility of starting 0-3

Kam Chancellor is ending his hold out. Things just got even worse for the Bears chances this week.

I don't expect much, but I just wanna see progress as the year goes on.

He hasn't been at any of the team's offseason programs or workouts; I would be shocked if he played. Injury risk is really high.

Yeah it'd brutal but we all knew when the schedule came out there was a good possibility of starting 0-3

GB = loss

AZ = thought we had a chance but loss

SEA= loss

OAK = with Cutler we had a chance , without I don't see us winning but lets give it a maybe

KC= pretty sure this will be a loss

Lions= who knows

Vikings = who knows

SD = I would think this will be a loss, but who knows

Rams = who knows, they beat Sea but then lost the next week

Bronco's = I would think loss

GB = loss

49ers = thought we would have a chance but they looked good week one

Redskins = win

Vikings = who knows]

Bucs = win

Lions = who knows

After week two I see 2 wins (but who knows about that) with 8 maybes and the rest losses.

Wins= TB, WAS = and these are no guarantees

Maybe's = Oak, Lions(2), Vikings(2), SD, Rams, 49ers

Losses = GB(2), AZ, SEA,KC, DEN

The NFL's old saying of Any Given Sunday....If the team performs like week 2 we wont win any, if they perform more like week one they will have a chance at some W's.

I will say this years schedule looks a lot worse then years past.

We got beat by two really good teams. Defense stinks, but who expected it to be good? Only reason we got crushed was because our backup QB played.

No the only reason we got crushed is because we cant score in the red zone. 1 kick return and a pick six If we didn't give up the easy 14 points and made TD instead of field goals its a different game.

And who was the QB in those redzone situations? Jimmy Clausen, the backup.

How many red zone opportunities against GB? I know of one that started and ended on the 2 yard line. All throws... who was the QB for that?

Is this more a conviction of the offensive play calling or the ineptitude of the QBs?

How many red zone opportunities against GB? I know of one that started and ended on the 2 yard line. All throws... who was the QB for that?

Is this more a conviction of the offensive play calling or the ineptitude of the QBs?

I was just responding to his statement about Sundays game.

Yes, that goal line stand against Green bay was ridiculous. Hard to know who's calling plays though, I pin it on whoever that is.

Seriously. That's your argument. Lol. Really wanna debate who gives us better chance at putting up points? Cutler has had a history of success and failure or clausen who has the history of nothing but failure. Hmmm. I know my choice

Had Long not let the blitzing LB go free maybe Cutler hits Royal in the corner.

Early season in a new system, breakdowns happen.

Or maybe Forte catches that TD pass from the QB you hate.

Haters going to hate hate hate.......shake it off, shake it off!

Seriously. That's your argument. Lol. Really wanna debate who gives us better chance at putting up points? Cutler has had a history of success and failure or clausen who has the history of nothing but failure. Hmmm. I know my choice

Dude un-wedge your skivvys. Not an argument, just an observation and counter-point. Simple question which you managed to avoid and deflect. I'll ask it again, maybe slower this time. In red zone situations this year how has the TEAM done? Since there has only been two games there isn't a lot of data to dig. Cutler and Jimmy are pretty much similar. Cutler is 3 of 9 for 19 yds with 0 TD's and Jimmy is 2 of 2 for 8 yds and 0 TDs.

Again, that being said and restating my question from before, is that a conviction of the offense play calling or the QB's themselves?

Had Long not let the blitzing LB go free maybe Cutler hits Royal in the corner.

Early season in a new system, breakdowns happen.

Or maybe Forte catches that TD pass from the QB you hate.

Haters going to hate hate hate.......shake it off, shake it off!

Yes I'll agree; coulda, shoulda but didn't. Stats is stats friendo.

Dude un-wedge your skivvys. Not an argument, just an observation and counter-point. Simple question which you managed to avoid and deflect. I'll ask it again, maybe slower this time. In red zone situations this year how has the TEAM done? Since there has only been two games there isn't a lot of data to dig. Cutler and Jimmy are pretty much similar. Cutler is 3 of 9 for 19 yds with 0 TD's and Jimmy is 2 of 2 for 8 yds and 0 TDs.

Again, that being said and restating my question from before, is that a conviction of the offense play calling or the QB's themselves?

Obviously I am to dumb to get your point. Give me Cutler every day of the week. He can at least get us into the red zone. But to answer your question directly it's play calling. When we get into the red zone regardless of qb shouldn't we try to run the ball? We attempted to do that with Jimmy In there but with Jay in there not so much. So I guess my question now is why is that. We were all screaming when we had 1st and goal at the 2 and gase called 3 straight passes.

Obviously I am to dumb to get your point. Give me Cutler every day of the week. He can at least get us into the red zone. But to answer your question directly it's play calling. When we get into the red zone regardless of qb shouldn't we try to run the ball? We attempted to do that with Jimmy In there but with Jay in there not so much. So I guess my question now is why is that. We were all screaming when we had 1st and goal at the 2 and gase called 3 straight passes.

No, not dumb at all. It's easy to miss something either in not reading it entirely or misconceiving the intent all together. Especially when its in written format. Believe me, done it many times here.

You did get my point and thanks for addressing it. I don't mistrust Gase but like you said why would you call repeated pass plays when Forte is having a great day on the ground? Kinda like last year's super bowl; why would the Seahawks throw a quick slant when "Beastmode" pretty much carried them to the brink of the end zone? Perhaps Gase is trying to build up Cutler's confidence? We know that Fox said shortly after he was hired that Cutler's confidence level was pretty low at the conclusion of last year. And Cutler hasn't been great in the red zone so maybe Gase saw this as a way to try and build him up?

You asked if it was Cutler or playing calling.

I answered your question.

Forte said he screwed up by not catching it

Long said he screwed up by not picking up blitz.

It was neither..... Buddy

Yea I was wondering why "players at fault" was not an option on that list. We're in the red zone with guys like Josh Bellamy running routes. Call the same play for him and/or Alshon Jeffrey and odds are one is a TD and one isn't even with the same QB. One play caller is good and one isn't good.

Yea I was wondering why "players at fault" was not an option on that list. We're in the red zone with guys like Josh Bellamy running routes. Call the same play for him and/or Alshon Jeffrey and odds are one is a TD and one isn't even with the same QB. One play caller is good and one isn't good.

Not sure I completely understand what you're saying BUT, did Alshon play last week? And if I remember right Bellamy did in fact score on a nice play. What I'm getting at is yes because presumably AJ is the better player and he and Bellamy were put in the same situation (in the red zone) odds are AJ would be the better option. My point is that they actually have to play in order to be a factor. And of the two Bellamy was the only one available, so thus not a factor. Again; coulda, shoulda, didn't.

I understood what Hustla was trying to say but I was countering with the fact that his (Cutlers) stats are really no better in the red zone than are Jimmys at this point. And what's more Cutler is 2 TD vs 2 INT with a 78.5 passer rating for the season. So far these stats are on pace to his 2009 season, which wasnt very kind to him.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jaycutler/2495824/careerstats