Allen confident Bears will rebound

adam

No, not dumb at all. It's easy to miss something either in not reading it entirely or misconceiving the intent all together. Especially when its in written format. Believe me, done it many times here.

You did get my point and thanks for addressing it. I don't mistrust Gase but like you said why would you call repeated pass plays when Forte is having a great day on the ground? Kinda like last year's super bowl; why would the Seahawks throw a quick slant when "Beastmode" pretty much carried them to the brink of the end zone? Perhaps Gase is trying to build up Cutler's confidence? We know that Fox said shortly after he was hired that Cutler's confidence level was pretty low at the conclusion of last year. And Cutler hasn't been great in the red zone so maybe Gase saw this as a way to try and build him up?

I just heard that we lead the league avg 4.9 yds per carry. So the fact that gase ignored running the ball when Jay was at QB compared to Jimmy is really disheartening. Shouldn't the coaches try to call the best plays with chances of succeeding over calling a play just to boost a players confidence level. And I even like the coaches but I know this sounds like I'm crushing the staff

I just heard that we lead the league avg 4.9 yds per carry. So the fact that gase ignored running the ball when Jay was at QB compared to Jimmy is really disheartening. Shouldn't the coaches try to call the best plays with chances of succeeding over calling a play just to boost a players confidence level. And I even like the coaches but I know this sounds like I'm crushing the staff

Wouldn't say you're crushing them, just questioning their choices. It's apparent Gase is a smart guy and considered league-wide to be a wunderkind so I'm sure he's looking at all the factors when he makes his choices for calls. And we know Fox is more Defensive minded so these choices probably weigh heavy on his final say. At any rate, I'm nowhere close to saying this is Gase's fault, just watching to see if he learns from what doesn't work. I think it safe to say we've seen enough of those that can't seem to get out of a rut, and to be fair he's only been the OC for two games. Plenty more to go.

Not sure I completely understand what you're saying BUT, did Alshon play last week? And if I remember right Bellamy did in fact score on a nice play. What I'm getting at is yes because presumably AJ is the better player and he and Bellamy were put in the same situation (in the red zone) odds are AJ would be the better option. My point is that they actually have to play in order to be a factor. And of the two Bellamy was the only one available, so thus not a factor. Again; coulda, shoulda, didn't.

I understood what Hustla was trying to say but I was countering with the fact that his (Cutlers) stats are really no better in the red zone than are Jimmys at this point. And what's more Cutler is 2 TD vs 2 INT with a 78.5 passer rating for the season. So far these stats are on pace to his 2009 season, which wasnt very kind to him.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jaycutler/2495824/careerstats

Stats are a good indicator but sometimes they don't tell the whole story. After this year I think Cutler will hold every passing record for Bears....You and I and everyone that is not saying much.