Long at OT

adam

Uhhhh, why? Because he hit on Long? I mean I'm not apposed to the idea or anything but the statement just sounds like your trying to put down Pace in a way.

I don't see were it says that bringing him in to be a scout is trying to "put down Pace". Wouldn't Pace be the one hiring his scouting department anyways? If Long can play OLT and excel, WoW! That would be like drafting Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf luck.

With a cast on his hand no less. Very encouraging. Here's to hoping he continues to improve and can shift over to LT next year. Move Bushrod to the right side next year and eliminate any thoughts of going OT in the first.

Later comments are right...I don't like it. Can we just let the guy stick in one place, learn to dominate, and draft the other positions? Believe it or not, there are differences to RG, RT, and LT, and if we keep moving him around we risk his current excellence. Now, if it happens and he turns into an all-pro LT? Great. But why risk a currently known quantity? We know right now that if he stays at RG and avoids injury, he's probably a guy who dominates for 10+ years and goes to the HOF.

BTW - If the Bears get the first pick overall, I would love nothing more than a trade down. I am not a fan of the #1 pick, nor am I in love with any of the QB crop.

Later comments are right...I don't like it. Can we just let the guy stick in one place, learn to dominate, and draft the other positions? Believe it or not, there are differences to RG, RT, and LT, and if we keep moving him around we risk his current excellence. Now, if it happens and he turns into an all-pro LT? Great. But why risk a currently known quantity? We know right now that if he stays at RG and avoids injury, he's probably a guy who dominates for 10+ years and goes to the HOF.

BTW - If the Bears get the first pick overall, I would love nothing more than a trade down. I am not a fan of the #1 pick, nor am I in love with any of the QB crop.

Meh, it's a risk worth taking IMO. I highly doubt that if he moves to LT and fails that you couldn't just move him back to RT/RG and he still dominates. LT is obviously the most important position on the field and if Long can play there I think you do it. Finding a RT/RG is a whole lot easier than a LT.

I'm down with trading down a few spots but not too far. I would still prefer that we stay in the top 5 so we have a shot at Bosa/Nkemdiche/Ramsey/Hergreaves. Really need some help at corner and pass rush.

Does being right or left handed help on one side or the other? Do you move naturally one way or another? Long is left-handed, would he be more natural on the left side having dominant hand on the outside, or on the right side with dominant hand on the inside? or does that not matter?