Bears amd seattle

bowlingtwig

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who you kidding? The game MIGHT have been closer but undoubtedly Jay would've turned it over. History...

Sure he might have turned the ball over 1 time but the dude can at least put points on the Damn board. What's Jimmy done today. 48 yds passing on 50% completion. You simply can't defend this

May hate Jay but good god the drop off from Jay to Jimmy is mt freakin Rushmore. I can't stand Tim Tebow but I'm sure he could better. Hell at this point if Jay can't go next week I'm advocating for fales

I'd be ok with seeing what Fales has to offer.

And since when is it ok for your QB to turnover the ball? Sad that you think that's acceptable.

I'd be ok with seeing what Fales has to offer.

And since when is it ok for your QB to turnover the ball? Sad that you think that's acceptable.

It's not acceptable. But then again on the flip side when is it acceptable to put up ZERO points on the board. We haven't been shut out since 2002. Til now

Defense only allowed one offensive TD, and 10 pts were a direct result of bad special teams. Seattle was only 5-15 on 3rd down (at home). I know there are no moral victories, but the defense didn't really play that bad. A lot of Seattle's yards were after the game was well in hand. I was not impressed with Seattle at all.

So we have now lost to 3 of the top 5 teams in the league. Look what Arizona did to SF today.

Defense only allowed one offensive TD, and 10 pts were a direct result of bad special teams. Seattle was only 5-15 on 3rd down (at home). I know there are no moral victories, but the defense didn't really play that bad. A lot of Seattle's yards were after the game was well in hand. I was not impressed with Seattle at all.

So we have now lost to 3 of the top 5 teams in the league. Look what Arizona did to SF today.

No joke. Look at sf qb play. Yikes

Yeah it really does suck to have to play 3 of the 4 best teams in football the first three weeks of the season. Shitty scheduling.

Have to take a look at Fales. Claussen does not belong on an NFL roster. In his post-game interview, he exuded absolutely no confidence.

Peace :bringit

Yeah it really does suck to have to play 3 of the 4 best teams in football the first three weeks of the season. Shitty scheduling.

Have to take a look at Fales. Claussen does not belong on an NFL roster. In his post-game interview, he exuded absolutely no confidence.

Agreed. No reason why he shouldn't be the starter next week unless Cutler is ready to play. I don't care who you played, zero points is a definite sign your quarterback sucks. There's enough of a body of work to know Clausen isn't NFL material. Give Fales a shot.

25 other teams would be 0-3 at this point. GB, ARZ, and SEA are arguably 3 of the top 4 teams with NE. We had a lead against GB, were hanging with ARZ until Cutler got hurt, and were only down 6-0 at half after a completely blown call on a clear Seattle turnover that would've given us at least 3 pts. We have been without White and Ratliff all season and without Jeffery and Cutler for a game and a half.

I am not expecting miracles, but looking at the schedule, we could easily go 7-6 the rest of the way.

McPhee was very noticeable today, 2 sacks, 2 TFL's, and 4 QB Hits. Jenkins was close with 2 sacks, 1 TFL, and 2 QB Hits - he also missed a 3rd sack on Wilson. SMC still looks lost in coverage.

Not sure if true, it comes from a terrator like poster on soxtalk, but supposedlay the Bears are only the 3rd team to punt on every possession.

Woof.

Well when you are shutout you will have either all punts or possessions end in a turnover. So I would think there would be more but who knows. We didn't turn the ball over and had more sacks than Seattle's vaunted defense.

Well when you are shutout you will have either all punts or possessions end in a turnover. So I would think there would be more but who knows. We didn't turn the ball over and had more sacks than Seattle's vaunted defense.

Actually, according to this, it's worse.....

www.espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/109813/its-a-statistically-ugly-ledger-for-the-bears ....I continue to fail at posting clickably links....ugh.

First time since 1980 a team punted on every possession.

48 net passing yards....That's hard to do.

I think our D showed flashes at times against the run early. Other than that, every facet of this team right now is horrible hurt players or not. I only got to listen to the game on Sirius though

I thought it was a great effort by our defense. They had a pulse today. We had things we haven't seen in two games: passes defended, good 3rd down defense even on a few 3rd and short plays, and sacks by Dlinemen. McPhee was excellent. I have no idea why Seattle felt they could block him with a TE. Regardless he was all over the field on pass rush and run defense. There are still growing pains with the scheme and we still need more talent but this was a markedly different defense from what we've seen the first two games. We're not going to shutout any teams but if they play like this we can compete.

Offense, I'll say the Oline was good, with some mis-steps on a few plays. Forte was good as well. We were running but Seattle stacking the box with 8 and sometimes 9 players you are only going so far. Clausen looks completely lost on anything other than a handoff. No reason for Seattle to do anything other than go all-in and shutdown the run.

Despite lacking talent across the board, I like the way the coordinators, minus the shitty special teams guy, mold their gameplans based on the opponent. Each week they stress something new. I thought the defense did a fantastic job staying discipline in their rush lanes versus Russell Wilson. That NEVER would have happened under Mel Tucker. The LB'ers weren't overrunning plays and they kept Wilson from finding the edge when he wanted to scramble. They never lost contain and even forced him to take a few sacks in the pocket when it broke. That's a sign of improvement for sure.

Offensively, Gase went with some heavy personnel and bullied Seattle's front 7 most of the 1st half getting solid yards on the ground. Seattle was able to get that figured out in the 2nd half once they figured out Jimmy Clausen couldn't throw, but I still can appreciate the cleverness of Gase and his ability to adapt. Again, that's not something we would have ever seen under Trestman or any other coordinator that's ever been here, really.

When Cutler gets back, I would like to see them get Bennett involved in the passing game more. Let's see what he can do lined up as a WR from time to time. The Bears have nobody there without Alshon Jeffery. Royal is a slot guy, Bellamy and Wilson can't create separation.

They haven't scored a TD since cutler went out. I'll take an INT a game especially early in the season with Cutler than anything else the Bears can put on the field. It's going to be a long year but I'll hope for the best.

Yeah, if you have 10 possessions a game and you throw a pick on one but score on a few others, I'll take that all day over what we saw today.