Bears amd seattle

bowlingtwig

We would have been better off just handing the ball off 3 times and not even tried to pass...

Since I thought the score would be 52-3, I saw a much better game than I thought I would. As much as were 3-0, I still see some good things. Our problem is a lack of talent and what talent we do have is injured. It seems different this year, coaching does make a difference.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a great effort by our defense. They had a pulse today. We had things we haven't seen in two games: passes defended, good 3rd down defense even on a few 3rd and short plays, and sacks by Dlinemen. McPhee was excellent. I have no idea why Seattle felt they could block him with a TE. Regardless he was all over the field on pass rush and run defense. There are still growing pains with the scheme and we still need more talent but this was a markedly different defense from what we've seen the first two games. We're not going to shutout any teams but if they play like this we can compete.

Offense, I'll say the Oline was good, with some mis-steps on a few plays. Forte was good as well. We were running but Seattle stacking the box with 8 and sometimes 9 players you are only going so far. Clausen looks completely lost on anything other than a handoff. No reason for Seattle to do anything other than go all-in and shutdown the run.

The Defense did look really good in the first half. I like others thought it would be a blow out. The defense held them to 6 points in the first half with 3 of them being set up by a trick play on SP Teams.

I thought the offensive game plan was great. Too bad they couldn't get the passing game going but with Cutler, Alshon and White out what can you expect to happen.

One thing I want to note, I saw a lot of intensity on both sides of the ball but especially the defense.

Coaching staff

week 1 = built my faith in them

week 2 = lost a little bit

week 3 = built my faith up

Others have already said it but the SP Team coach better get something figured out because one return last week, one trick play and one return this week is not building a good resume

I'm getting confused by posters on this board and the media saying that White is out as well as Jeffrey when White has never played a down preseason or regular season for the Bears so why is he being something we miss when he has never been on this team?

Maybe you're just taking the words to literal. They miss having another good WR which is what you hope White is.

Maybe you're just taking the words to literal. They miss having another good WR which is what you hope White is.

No I'm not because even though White was a top pick his resume was a little sketchy when it came to level of competition and route running because of his college career and the fact that he has not played a down for this team in the preseason or regular season and when I went to Bourbonais he was standing on the sidelines in shorts

I'm getting confused by posters on this board and the media saying that White is out as well as Jeffrey when White has never played a down preseason or regular season for the Bears so why is he being something we miss when he has never been on this team?

I have mentioned him being out mainly due to the fact that the Bears drafted him 7th overall and planned on him being a big part of the offense.

The Bears traded BM and filled the need that was created by that move with White a 6'3 4.3 burner. Should have been a game changer.

No I'm not because even though White was a top pick his resume was a little sketchy when it came to level of competition and route running because of his college career and the fact that he has not played a down for this team in the preseason or regular season and when I went to Bourbonais he was standing on the sidelines in shorts

Instead of Kevin White's resume being on the field we have Josh Bellamy's resume there. I'll take my chances with the 1st Rd pick being tougher to defend.