Special Teams

adam

Back to back weeks that we allow a KO return for a TD. This one was crazy as Lockett didn't even switch sides of the field, we didn't even have a player inside the 20 when he ran past. I have no idea what is going on but that needs to be fixed. We started in a hole against ARZ and this one basically ended the game for us after we kept it close and the defense was playing good.

We also allowed a 64 yard punt return by Sherman which setup a first half FG. So our Special Teams contributed to 10 of the first 13 points against, and never really gave us good field position when our offense had the ball.

I would fire the ST coach during the bye if there is not a marked improvement over the next few weeks.

As mentioned in the GT, Jeff Rodgers is one of the worst special teams coaches in the league. He may be one of the few guys out there who isn't a substantial improvement over Joe Decamillas. I was disappointed when Fox hired him, and that disappointment has been validated before week 4 of the season. There is no excuse for it.

He needs to go.

As mentioned in the GT, Jeff Rodgers is one of the worst special teams coaches in the league. He may be one of the few guys out there who isn't a substantial improvement over Joe Decamillas. I was disappointed when Fox hired him, and that disappointment has been validated before week 4 of the season. There is no excuse for it.

Man I miss Joe D. I'm thinking just about anyone could do better than what's happening now.

"Hey Robbie, kick it high so that it comes down around the 10 or so. I'd like to get the coverage guys down there. Also, make sure you kick it towards a corner. If it goes out of bounds, so be it, but I want the ball towards a corner."

What's so hard about that?

Man I miss Joe D. I'm thinking just about anyone could do better than what's happening now.

"Hey Robbie, kick it high so that it comes down around the 10 or so. I'd like to get the coverage guys down there. Also, make sure you kick it towards a corner. If it goes out of bounds, so be it, but I want the ball towards a corner."

Maybe I don't pay enough attention to ST when watching football, but I rarely see a kicker "kick it high around the 10" or towards the corner really.

Maybe I don't pay enough attention to ST when watching football, but I rarely see a kicker "kick it high around the 10" or towards the corner really.

It's because they are trying to launch it deep into the end zone or out of the end zone. Well, the Bears appears to have problems on ST, so it'd probably be safer to go for less yards, and more coverage. A 30 yard punt with a fair catch is better than a 50 yard punt with a 30 yard return. Or worse.

Amen, those were good times, add to that the pre injury hampered Harris. Remember the year we won with Kyle Orton, and the D carried the team pretty much all year. We sure blew that window of opportunity with the D studs we had then

I really didn't appreciate it as much as I should have. I took it for granted much like the Bulls in the 90's. I was young then and didn't realize HOW amazing Jordan and co were.

I really didn't appreciate it as much as I should have. I took it for granted much like the Bulls in the 90's. I was young then and didn't realize HOW amazing Jordan and co were.

Now picture today's generation of packers fans. All they have known is HOF QB play. But please no one remind them of the 80s and 90s before Favre was traded to them. When Rodgers leaves we all know that team will go straight to the toilet and I'll be there to laugh at them because they just think there shit don't stink

Amen, those were good times, add to that the pre injury hampered Harris. Remember the year we won with Kyle Orton, and the D carried the team pretty much all year. We sure blew that window of opportunity with the D studs we had then

You can thank Lovie for that. He basically inherited all those guys and then decided to never provide the team with an offense, instead attempting to win every game 17-13 with forced turnovers. It was cool that one year, but maddening the rest of the time.

I think the major problem on ST is that we have players with no FIRE or Desire. I watched as they just run down the field and try not to get hit and try to make a tackle. That's not how it goes. We need players on ST that really want to hit someone.