Its early but I was interested to see mock drafts

Chitownhustla

I am drumming up Jared Goff. I think he has what it takes to be a great pro QB. If Pace wants to put his stamp on this team, this is the guy.

If they go Connor cook I'd be a sad panda. He screams "meh" to me. I like Goff quite a bit, but the more I think about it, we need playmaker on defense. Unless Jenkins continues to look like he did Sunday and finally lives up to his potential, gimme Bosa/Nkemdiche. Give Fangio his new Justin Smith.

If they go Connor cook I'd be a sad panda. He screams "meh" to me. I like Goff quite a bit, but the more I think about it, we need playmaker on defense. Unless Jenkins continues to look like he did Sunday and finally lives up to his potential, gimme Bosa/Nkemdiche. Give Fangio his new Justin Smith.

I don't think they draft a d-lineman when they are in the rebuild mode unless they do not like any of the QB's available. I we end up with the 1 pick overall it will be QB and a new start. That would also give us the 32 pick since NE lost their 1st RD rights.

From the video I have watched I would go Goff all day.

If we were going QB that is.

If we have the #1 pick it would have to be qb unless the FO doesn't think highly of the guys. In today's nfl you simply can't pass on a potential franchise guy. Jay Cutler is closest thing we've had to franchise guy and everyone hates him. Wouldn't it be nice to finally have that guy we've all dreamed of

If we have the #1 pick it would have to be qb unless the FO doesn't think highly of the guys. In today's nfl you simply can't pass on a potential franchise guy. Jay Cutler is closest thing we've had to franchise guy and everyone hates him. Wouldn't it be nice to finally have that guy we've all dreamed of

And with the way Goff is talked of he has to be that guy. I honestly can't say what I think about him. I haven't seen any of his games

And with the way Goff is talked of he has to be that guy. I honestly can't say what I think about him. I haven't seen any of his games

Another guy that hasn't recieved much praise is Cody Kessler USC. He also is a high % passer with low INT. He is 6-1, but so is Aaron Rodgers. Kessler won't be a first round prospect imo, but is worth a flier if we do not have a shot in landing a Goff in RD1.

Another guy that hasn't recieved much praise is Cody Kessler USC. He also is a high % passer with low INT. He is 6-1, but so is Aaron Rodgers. Kessler won't be a first round prospect imo, but is worth a flier if we do not have a shot in landing a Goff in RD1.

That's who I've been thinking about if the Bears can manage to fleece someone with a trade down. I'd MUCH rather see that happen.

That's who I've been thinking about if the Bears can manage to fleece someone with a trade down. I'd MUCH rather see that happen.

I would take a WAS/STL type of trade!

What is really bad is I want Goff and in round 2 an offensive lineman like Max Tuerk who can play C, G, or RT. I know this team needs defensive playmakers worse, so they can go either way come draft.

I'm watching film on Goff as it comes in on DraftBreakdown

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jared-goff-vs-texas-2015/

I don't like what I see in this game against Texas. Goff has a really bad habit of throwing off his back foot when he's under pressure. He also bends his knee on that back leg when he does this taking even more off the ball. Equally bad is the way he opens often his hips when throwing (see Colin Kaepernik) even when he's not under pressure and he does not have anything close to Kaep's arm strength. He's not terribly accurate in this game even on some easy throws, often putting the ball behind his WR/RB or having it drop low (not enough velocity) to where the receiver has to lose momentum to make the catch. Most of that likely from the poor mechanics. Is this stuff correctable? Mechanics can sometimes be improved. OTHO, the tendency to fade back under pressure and not step into the throw? Sometimes players can grow out of it, but what are you willing to gamble on that when game speed in the NFL is much faster than college? Top 5 pick? Top 10 pick? Late 1st Rd pick? 2nd Rd pick?

Most of what he does in this game are easy out patterns, underneath stuff so as usual in a spread offense the comp % looks good. To his credit that is often what is given to him by the defense. I don't see bad decisions, even under pressure when he throws the ball away, and when he's using better mechanics he has decent arm strength but it doesn't appear to be anything special.

He's going to get drafted early but IMO this is not Andrew Luck, not Mariota, not even David Carr. Maybe Teddy Bridgewater is the better comparison. Based on this game that fits better where I think he'll go in the draft but I'll keep watching as they add games. Maybe this was just a bad week. He looked better against SDSU but then again level of competition has to be considered.

Keep an eye on Cardale Jones. All the zone read stuff clouds the picture but he's improved from last year and shows some good work at times under pressure. Strong arm but can put some touch on the ball and at times throws his receiver open. He doesn't read the defense much more than 1 read most plays but the fact he can run doesn't hurt. He's also not Andrew Luck.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/cardale-jo...inia-tech-2015/

I'm watching film on Goff as it comes in on DraftBreakdown

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jared-goff-vs-texas-2015/

I don't like what I see in this game against Texas. Goff has a really bad habit of throwing off his back foot when he's under pressure. He also bends his knee on that back leg when he does this taking even more off the ball. Equally bad is the way he opens often his hips when throwing (see Colin Kaepernik) even when he's not under pressure and he does not have anything close to Kaep's arm strength. He's not terribly accurate in this game even on some easy throws, often putting the ball behind his WR/RB or having it drop low (not enough velocity) to where the receiver has to lose momentum to make the catch. Most of that likely from the poor mechanics. Is this stuff correctable? Mechanics can sometimes be improved. OTHO, the tendency to fade back under pressure and not step into the throw? Sometimes players can grow out of it, but what are you willing to gamble on that when game speed in the NFL is much faster than college? Top 5 pick? Top 10 pick? Late 1st Rd pick? 2nd Rd pick?

Most of what he does in this game are easy out patterns, underneath stuff so as usual in a spread offense the comp % looks good. To his credit that is often what is given to him by the defense. I don't see bad decisions, even under pressure when he throws the ball away, and when he's using better mechanics he has decent arm strength but it doesn't appear to be anything special.

He's going to get drafted early but IMO this is not Andrew Luck, not Mariota, not even David Carr. Maybe Teddy Bridgewater is the better comparison. Based on this game that fits better where I think he'll go in the draft but I'll keep watching as they add games. Maybe this was just a bad week. He looked better against SDSU but then again level of competition has to be considered.

Agree with you on throwing off the back foot, mentioned it earlier in a different thread. This is something Cutler does or has a tendency to do as well. Im sure with the correct coaching it can be corrected.

There is still a lot of football left, with the added talk about him being a high draft pick I look fwd to seeing how he handles the pressure. Once the season is done there will be a whole lot of film to watch.

If the Bears are drafting high enough to get him and Pace thinks he has it, its a no brainer. One thing Pace said earlier, the QB model he will be looking for is Drew Brees. I know its not the end all be all but if there is a QB with similar traits to Drew Brees you know he will take a shot.

So, I just tried to look up Drew's draft profile to see what people were saying about him to compare it too Goff's. I couldn't find it, if anyone finds it I would love to read it.

EDIT = I found this but its not a complete write up

https://espn.go.com/melkiper/s/2001/0418/1174979.html