LT Kelvin Beachem DE Cedrick Thornton OLB Aldon Smith CB Sean Smith

LT Russell Okung DE Malik Jackson OLB Vinny Curry CB Jeremy Lane

RT Mitchell Schwartz DE Derek Wolfe OLB Courtney Upshaw CB Josh Norman

RT Anthony Davis NT Ian Williams ILB Danny Trevathan CB Casey Hayward

G Kelechi Osemele NT Terrance Knighton ILB Rolando McClain CB Brandon Boykin

G Alex Boone ILB Demario Davis SS George Iloka

G Brandon Brooks FS Tashaun Gipson

G J.R. Sweezy

Josh Norman and Sean Smith top my list. I know CBs are getting overpaid but the Bears have cap room out the wazoo.

I would love to see Fox lure over Von Miller too(doubtful).

Miller and McPhee on the edges, a shut down corner in Norman/Smith, an animal on the DL in Bosa/Nkemdiche, 2R CB, Fuller to FS, John Timu proves to be a huge steal at ILB.....Boom defense fixed.... Bears win the Super Bowl with Jay Cutler as the QB. He plays out the remainder of his contract.

My plan would be not to spend it on a high priced FA. Emery fell into the trap of overspending in free agency because of years of previous bad drafting (and bad drafting from himself as well) and look where that got us.

I'd look to add offensive lineman via free agency while we stockpile skill position talent in the draft. Pace needs to stay the course and remain patient. Keep on collecting those draft picks, this is going to take a little while..

Josh Norman and Sean Smith top my list. I know CBs are getting overpaid but the Bears have cap room out the wazoo.

I would love to see Fox lure over Von Miller too(doubtful).

Miller and McPhee on the edges, a shut down corner in Norman/Smith, an animal on the DL in Bosa/Nkemdiche, 2R CB, Fuller to FS, John Timu proves to be a huge steal at ILB.....Boom defense fixed.... Bears win the Super Bowl with Jay Cutler as the QB. He plays out the remainder of his contract.

I wonder if Von Miller gets to FA???

Love that plan! Means Cutler plays well the rest of this year.

You couldn't write a better storyline if Cutler wins a SB for Chicago.

My plan would be not to spend it on a high priced FA. Emery fell into the trap of overspending in free agency because of years of previous bad drafting (and bad drafting from himself as well) and look where that got us.

I'd look to add offensive lineman via free agency while we stockpile skill position talent in the draft. Pace needs to stay the course and remain patient. Keep on collecting those draft picks, this is going to take a little while..

Exactly. It's going to suck and will be painful but we need sustained success. Only true way of getting that is through the draft. Start there.

You get there by any means. We need talent and depth. You can't do it all through the draft unless you want to wait 5 years.

If it weren't for guys like John Tait, or Ruben Brown...we would have not had our run in the early 2000's. They key is to find good younger proven guys. McPhee is a great example so far of what we could potentially find. Aldon Smith has Fangio ties. I woudn't mind that for one...

Exactly. It's going to suck and will be painful but we need sustained success. Only true way of getting that is through the draft. Start there.

I'm not worried about free agents just yet. It's far away and many I wanted last year,like mccourty, stayed with their team. I was really hoping for secondary help.

I am more worried about the big dog from the Saints being able to draft. I haven't seen it yet. Yes, I know it is too early, but I saw the team he left now and haven't seen much from his draft or additions yet.

I'm big on Langford but that may be liking his style of running and has only been in limited time. Even emery had a Kyle long and Jeffery, which is sadly better than Agnelo with his Briggs, Peanut, forte over many more years. The rebuild should have started in Emery's first year but they tried to plug in FA's and it just didn't work. Not defending Emery, he was crap too, but hard to screw up a team in two years, we should have up tp 12 years old more veteran talent drafted from him.

I'm not worried about free agents just yet. It's far away and many I wanted last year,like mccourty, stayed with their team. I was really hoping for secondary help.

I am more worried about the big dog from the Saints being able to draft. I haven't seen it yet. Yes, I know it is too early, but I saw the team he left now and haven't seen much from his draft or additions yet.

I'm big on Langford but that may be liking his style of running and has only been in limited time. Even emery had a Kyle long and Jeffery, which is sadly better than Agnelo with his Briggs, Peanut, forte over many more years. The rebuild should have started in Emery's first year but they tried to plug in FA's and it just didn't work. Not defending Emery, he was crap too, but hard to screw up a team in two years, we should have up tp 12 years old more veteran talent drafted from him.

I think Pace drafted well for his first draft

White = injury is not Pace's fault, hope he will be a game changer at 6'3 210 running a 4.3 forty he should pan out

Goldman = a first round talent in the 2nd, haven't paid attention to him much during the regular season but he looked good in preseason

Grasu = hoping he pans out as a long term answer at center

Langford= I like what I have seen from him so far

Amos = starting S, hope to see him get comfortable now that he has 3 weeks under his belt

My big thing with drafting is you have to HIT more times then not in the first 3 rounds. Any pick outside of those rounds that pan out is a bonus. JA and Emery wasted too many 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks. Guys that come to mind are Williams - 1st round injury back injury should have been a red flag, Bazuin 2nd round DE that didn't play a down, The kid that jumped out of a pool -3rd round, Hardin 3rd round never played a down, the list could go on and on.

Ehhhh, the list above is of players under 28. I'm fine with them grabbing guys like that. Grabbing older guys like Allen is what went work.

Look at Marty B, McPhee, and maybe even Jarvis Jenkins who has looked fairly good. Guys like that can help you win. There should be a good influx of both if you draft right.

Ehhhh, the list above is of players under 28. I'm fine with them grabbing guys like that. Grabbing older guys like Allen is what went work.

Look at Marty B, McPhee, and maybe even Jarvis Jenkins who has looked fairly good. Guys like that can help you win. There should be a good influx of both if you draft right.

Eddie Royal is 29. BM was 28ish when he joined the team. Same for Bushrod. Sometimes it's a crapshoot, like the draft, if you get the right player at the right time. Thing is with veteran players there is more ''tape" on them playing in actual NFL settings. Hell sometimes they get better with age: Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald. With Allen I think what hurt him more than anything was the scheme change. He never really established himself last year with being ill etc. And this year just didn't work out.

Agreed, you pay big for young stars in FA, not 30 +

also the Bears will have 60 + million in cap space, in the new CBA teams have to spend at least 90% of the cap space or they will not be in compliance. Not 100% sure about the rule but pretty close. To spend 60 million they will have to sign some FA and most likely some high priced ones.

Agreed, you pay big for young stars in FA, not 30 +

also the Bears will have 60 + million in cap space, in the new CBA teams have to spend at least 90% of the cap space or they will not be in compliance. Not 100% sure about the rule but pretty close. To spend 60 million they will have to sign some FA and most likely some high priced ones.

Is it 90% of cap? I thought I heard it was 90% in cash. Which would be a huge difference. There's all kinds of loopholes

Is Michael Vick a FA next year? After watching him tonight I think the Bears need to seriously sign him! I'm thinking he might be a better placeholder than our current "franchise QB" for whoever Chicago drafts next year. And he's probably cheaper.

No thanks. He's turnover prone as well. If Jay is still here he would know the offense better than bringing in someone who doesn't know the system and also has a history of turnovers

Is Michael Vick a FA next year? After watching him tonight I think the Bears need to seriously sign him! I'm thinking he might be a better placeholder than our current "franchise QB" for whoever Chicago drafts next year. And he's probably cheaper.

For this from a guy driving a Cadillac of an offense:

19/24 for 126 yards. 1 TD

I didn't see the game but will admit Vick's stats are better than Clausen did against Seattle, but he also wasn't going against Seattle's defense.

FWIW our defense is ranked 11th in yards given up per game which is better than Baltimore. Of course we're also dead last in points given up per game.

No thanks. He's turnover prone as well. If Jay is still here he would know the offense better than bringing in someone who doesn't know the system and also has a history of turnovers

Lets say Cutler continues to make stupid mistakes and throws bad INT's meaning the Coaches and Pace decide they have to move on from him.

Next year he can be cut but with a 10 million cap hit but there is off set language meaning that if he signs with another team whatever that years contract amount will be credited back to Bears.

Do you keep him on the team for one more year to help mentor the new QB or do you cut him?

On the flip side, lets say Cutler plays well the rest of the year and cuts down on the stupid INT's. Cutting him year may be the most beneficial because teams may be willing to spend more for him to help with the off set cap space.

The Bears are really in a catch 22 with Cutler if he plays well.

1. If he plays well he could be serviceable for the next 4 years. Then bring in a rookie and groom him behind Cutler......kind of like what the Packers did with Farve and Rodgers.

2. If he plays well the Bears could cut him and not take such a huge hit on the 10 million.

Lets say Cutler continues to make stupid mistakes and throws bad INT's meaning the Coaches and Pace decide they have to move on from him.

Next year he can be cut but with a 10 million cap hit but there is off set language meaning that if he signs with another team whatever that years contract amount will be credited back to Bears.

Do you keep him on the team for one more year to help mentor the new QB or do you cut him?

On the flip side, lets say Cutler plays well the rest of the year and cuts down on the stupid INT's. Cutting him year may be the most beneficial because teams may be willing to spend more for him to help with the off set cap space.

1. If he plays well he could be serviceable for the next 4 years. Then bring in a rookie and groom him behind Cutler......kind of like what the Packers did with Farve and Rodgers.

2. If he plays well the Bears could cut him and not take such a huge hit on the 10 million.

Well thought out question. History, so far, proves he can't maintain being mistake free. We (I mean all of us and the team) could be lulled into a false sense of security if he somehow manages to string enough good games together to make EVERYONE a believer. And much like Emery did a few years ago, we would continue to bite off on the mess of a contract.

I think for me to be convinced, at least this year, that he could do it is if 1) he comes back and plays without getting injured again 2) cuts down on the turnovers (notice I didn't say eliminate - trying to work with you here) and 3) bring our team to the precipice of the playoffs. Yes I said playoffs. It's still possible. Next to not but it could happen. I need to see a complete reversal from him, and maintained, before I'll believe.

1. If he plays we ll he could be serviceable for the next 4 years. Then bring in a rookie and groom him behind Cutler......kind of like what the Packers did with Farve and Rodgers.

One QB is not enough in this league. I would draft one high, let him compete and learn under Jay year one. Decide Jays fate after that year evaluation. If the rookie looks promising, draft another to groom into a backup role and to keep pressure on the rookie. Regardless, you are going to see boneheaded mistakes from every QB unless you have Aaron Rodgers.

One QB is not enough in this league. I would draft one high, let him compete and learn under Jay year one. Decide Jays fate after that year evaluation. If the rookie looks promising, draft another to groom into a backup role and to keep pressure on the rookie. Regardless, you are going to see boneheaded mistakes from every QB unless you have Aaron Rodgers.

Yeah, I would probably go with a 2/3R this coming year, see how he develops in a year behind Jay, if he looks good, you can go lesser next year in the draft, if not go with another 1-3 round pick.

Cozy Kessler is my guy who I think is severely underrated because he has good recievers. He's still getting those WRs the ball with great accuracy. MIGHT be able to get him in the 3rd, but I think he plays his way into 1R round consideration and if he's there in the 2R, that's my guy.

I want an impact player on defense first and foremost.

Well thought out question. History, so far, proves he can't maintain being mistake free. We (I mean all of us and the team) could be lulled into a false sense of security if he somehow manages to string enough good games together to make EVERYONE a believer. And much like Emery did a few years ago, we would continue to bite off on the mess of a contract.

I think for me to be convinced, at least this year, that he could do it is if 1) he comes back and plays without getting injured again 2) cuts down on the turnovers (notice I didn't say eliminate - trying to work with you here) and 3) bring our team to the precipice of the playoffs. Yes I said playoffs. It's still possible. Next to not but it could happen. I need to see a complete reversal from him, and maintained, before I'll believe.

History has proved that with an inferior line, shitty WR's and poor OC's Cutler has proved to be great at times and dog shit at times. I had hoped that this year he would have good WR's and weapons, good oline and well called games (run the freakin ball).

The WR's are hurt, the run game is there and the oline is not terrible. If Gase can get Cutler is play well all year and limit turn overs I am fine with with them sticking with Cutler but then think a QB should be brought in, maybe not with the first pick.

Hope Alshon gets back quick, would love to see the Bears run the ball like the first half against Sea with a wr like Alshon playing, imagine how much a run game like that can open up the passing game!

Yeah, I would probably go with a 2/3R this coming year, see how he develops in a year behind Jay, if he looks good, you can go lesser next year in the draft, if not go with another 1-3 round pick.

Cozy Kessler is my guy who I think is severely underrated because he has good recievers. He's still getting those WRs the ball with great accuracy. MIGHT be able to get him in the 3rd, but I think he plays his way into 1R round consideration and if he's there in the 2R, that's my guy.

If Cutler looks good the rest of the year then Im all for a defensive player in round 1....If its the same old same old then freak it go GOFF.

I would not pass the top QB if one is avaialble and has the right traits, which I feel Goff may (still early). If we win enough games not to have that chance, I would look at Ronnie Stanley OT next. If both are gone, give me the top d-lineman or trade down. I think this D is missing quality dbacks and would rather not draft one with our first. They also need another sack threat, which I would be fine with Bosa or Nkimdiche. If they go D, get me Kessler rd 2 or 3.

I would not pass the top QB if one is avaialble and has the right traits, which I feel Goff may (still early). If we win enough games not to have that chance, I would look at Ronnie Stanley OT next. If both are gone, give me the top d-lineman or trade down. I think this D is missing quality dbacks and would rather not draft one with our first. They also need another sack threat, which I would be fine with Bosa or Nkimdiche. If they go D, get me Kessler rd 2 or 3.

I like Connor Cook or Bosa as a top pick for this team. I agree with improving the cornerback play and adding depth to the o-line. I also like TCU Wr Dotson.