Potential List of FA in 2016 per Aaron Leming

madlithuanian

One name missing on the list that I just noticed is Brandon Marshall, the linebacker of course. He fits the under 28 list, he knows Fox, and with his coverage abilities at ILB he's perfect for Fangios system.

ILB is a little interesting as the staff seems to like SMC, but I'm not sure they resign him. I've heard they really like Timu, and judging from how he performed in the preseason, I can see why. Wouldn't be surprised if he starts next year or maybe even this year if Jones continues being meh. I had really high hopes for Jones, but again he's been meh and rather unnoticeable out there.

Going into next year I would love to see Marshall brought in with Jones and Timu competing for the other spot. Marshall considers himself to be the best coverage linebacker in the NFL, and if you look at what Fangios likes to do, that is perfect.

One name missing on the list that I just noticed is Brandon Marshall, the linebacker of course. He fits the under 28 list, he knows Fox, and with his coverage abilities at ILB he's perfect for Fangios system.

ILB is a little interesting as the staff seems to like SMC, but I'm not sure they resign him. I've heard they really like Timu, and judging from how he performed in the preseason, I can see why. Wouldn't be surprised if he starts next year or maybe even this year if Jones continues being meh. I had really high hopes for Jones, but again he's been meh and rather unnoticeable out there.

Going into next year I would love to see Marshall brought in with Jones and Timu competing for the other spot. Marshall considers himself to be the best coverage linebacker in the NFL, and if you look at what Fangios likes to do, that is perfect.

Seeing this D ascend and they a getting a personality under McPhee and seeing Jay doing well also, we may play out of the top 10 draft pick. If they do, any thoughts of going ILB with the pick like Jaylon Smith? Still way to early to speculate, but always fun to run look at prospects.

Seeing this D ascend and they a getting a personality under McPhee and seeing Jay doing well also, we may play out of the top 10 draft pick. If they do, any thoughts of going ILB with the pick like Jaylon Smith? Still way to early to speculate, but always fun to run look at prospects.

Jaylon Smith is an absolute beast. If we are not in the top 10 and he is still around he would be a great draft pick.

I'm an ND hater, but I have seen a lot of em and yeah, Jaylon Smith is a baller. I wouldn't hate him being the pick at all.

The draft is starting to become a little more interesting. A few weeks ago the Bears looked like they were in dire need of help in the pass rush and the secondary. The last 2 weeks that dire need hasn't looked that glaring.

I'm an ND hater, but I have seen a lot of em and yeah, Jaylon Smith is a baller. I wouldn't hate him being the pick at all.

The draft is starting to become a little more interesting. A few weeks ago the Bears looked like they were in dire need of help in the pass rush and the secondary. The last 2 weeks that dire need hasn't looked that glaring.

At this point of the season the best way to determine what the Bears needs will be is by age. Guys are going to pan out and lessen the need.

A couple of examples:

Ratliff is old, they will need a replacement or back up plan soon for him

Rolle is old, they will need a replacement for back up plan soon

Two younger guys that could pan out to lessen a need, not saying eliminating a need just lessening

Amos = maybe he pans out and we don't need a replacement

Fuller = I pray to god he turns it around.

I would think one area the staff will be looking to upgrade would be Linebacker, outside and Inside. Fangio will want to get his TYPE of linebackers.

At this point of the season the best way to determine what the Bears needs will be is by age. Guys are going to pan out and lessen the need.

A couple of examples:

Ratliff is old, they will need a replacement or back up plan soon for him

Rolle is old, they will need a replacement for back up plan soon

Two younger guys that could pan out to lessen a need, not saying eliminating a need just lessening

Amos = maybe he pans out and we don't need a replacement

Fuller = I pray to god he turns it around.

I would think one area the staff will be looking to upgrade would be Linebacker, outside and Inside. Fangio will want to get his TYPE of linebackers.

ILB is topping my list right now. I don't think SMC and Jones are bad, but when you look at what Fangio had in SF, Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman there's a big drop off there. Hell, I wouldn't mind signing Marshall and still drafting Jaylon Smith.

The DL still has some depth if the resign Jenkins which at this point it looks like they should. Jenkins, Goldman, Ego, and Sutton is a good little rotation. The need for Bosa/Nkemdiche has lessened with the emergence of Jenkins.

I think Rolle sticks around fir a year and takes a mid rounder under his wing.

ILB is topping my list right now. I don't think SMC and Jones are bad, but when you look at what Fangio had in SF, Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman there's a big drop off there. Hell, I wouldn't mind signing Marshall and still drafting Jaylon Smith.

Kinda wonder why Foster didn't stick around? Seemed to me he was doing allright(?). Or is it that he lacks in ability to cover intermediate pass routes? Not that it matters anymore since he's now with the Redskins, still wonder who might fit that role?? SMC seems to at least be able to get the plays in and position folks on the right place. I have also noticed he's been getting better at pre-play reads.

Kinda wonder why Foster didn't stick around? Seemed to me he was doing allright(?). Or is it that he lacks in ability to cover intermediate pass routes? Not that it matters anymore since he's now with the Redskins, still wonder who might fit that role?? SMC seems to at least be able to get the plays in and position folks on the right place. I have also noticed he's been getting better at pre-play reads.

From what I've read and remember, being able to cover is huge for ILBs in Fangios system so I think that is probably why Foster didn't stick(and probably why Bostic stuck around a bit longer than most thought).

Yeah, Shea hasn't really been bad at all, not sure he's been "must resign to start" good, but certainly not bad. I haven't even noticed Christian Jones this season, not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

From what I've read and remember, being able to cover is huge for ILBs in Fangios system so I think that is probably why Foster didn't stick(and probably why Bostic stuck around a bit longer than most thought).

Yeah, Shea hasn't really been bad at all, not sure he's been "must resign to start" good, but certainly not bad. I haven't even noticed Christian Jones this season, not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

I've noticed Shea getting better and better at being at the right spot and being instinctual. He still has more to do (almost had a pick against the Raiders and had a few plays where he flew across the field to get a tackle). Shea keeps improving and while he may not be a star, he's a guy you resign and keep.