Jay & Alshon practicing...

madlithuanian

I've heard it's still doubtful Jay plays

With John Fox running the show you can bet Cutler will be doubtful right up to game time. I expect him to play but if it were me calling the shots I'd keep Oakland happy thinking it's Clausen starting. Heck I'd even start a rumor that Fales was getting more snaps with the starters in practice.

With John Fox running the show you can bet Cutler will be doubtful right up to game time. I expect him to play but if it were me calling the shots I'd keep Oakland happy thinking it's Clausen starting. Heck I'd even start a rumor that Fales was getting more snaps with the starters in practice.

I think you are right, if he is practicing now I bet he plays on Sunday. He came back sooner then expected when he hurt hurt his groin against Washington a few years back.

Maybe Cutler is just a fast healer....

Cutler is a lot of things. Thankfully, one of them is being a tough m'fer.

I think you are right, if he is practicing now I bet he plays on Sunday. He came back sooner then expected when he hurt hurt his groin against Washington a few years back.

Maybe Cutler is just a fast healer....

Cutler is a lot of things. Thankfully, one of them is being a tough m'fer.

Agreed. I've never doubted his ability to put his nose where he shouldn't. He's hurt himself more trying to do good than just mysteriously getting hurt like a lot of players nowadays do.

Still curious about this 'minor hamstring strain'. It's either Fox playing games or something they're not telling us because a strain isn't usually too serious. I only say that because he's already missed one game and wasn't THAT noticeably limping when he got off the turf. My concern, and my little conspirist voice speaking, is that he may have done something to his shoulder on the play he got hurt. I mean if you look at it I couldn't blame him for needing more time for that to heal.

Has the practice report said he's throwing without limitation? Or is he just running though the plays?

Fox is all James Bond secrecy...we'll not know until game day!

Agreed. I've never doubted his ability to put his nose where he shouldn't. He's hurt himself more trying to do good than just mysteriously getting hurt like a lot of players nowadays do.

Still curious about this 'minor hamstring strain'. It's either Fox playing games or something they're not telling us because a strain isn't usually too serious. I only say that because he's already missed one game and wasn't THAT noticeably limping when he got off the turf. My concern, and my little conspirist voice speaking, is that he may have done something to his shoulder on the play he got hurt. I mean if you look at it I couldn't blame him for needing more time for that to heal.

Has the practice report said he's throwing without limitation? Or is he just running though the plays?

Alshon isn't expected to play =(

As much as I like AJ and this pains me to consider but our team may need move on from him. What makes it even harder to consider is our "#1" hasn't even seen the field as a professional yet....

Was Mushin Muhammad right when he said "Chicago is where wide receivers go to die"?

As much as I like AJ and this pains me to consider but our team may need move on from him. What makes it even harder to consider is our "#1" hasn't even seen the field as a professional yet....

Was Mushin Muhammad right when he said "Chicago is where wide receivers go to die"?

You don't move on from a 26 year old pro bowl player. Even if they extend him and he's never healthy, its still the right move.

You don't move on from a 26 year old pro bowl player. Even if they extend him and he's never healthy, its still the right move.

Really? He's just so young to be having these malingering issues. He's fast approaching that magical number of 28 that you talked about in another thread AND he's starting to have an injury history. How can you justify a long term commitment to that? If it's a one or two year deal ... maybe but man it's a hard pill to swallow for me.

Really? He's just so young to be having these malingering issues. He's fast approaching that magical number of 28 that you talked about in another thread AND he's starting to have an injury history. How can you justify a long term commitment to that? If it's a one or two year deal ... maybe but man it's a hard pill to swallow for me.

Yes really. They have to atleast franchise him. You don't let 26 year old pro bowl players go. You just don't. Everyone always talks about the Packers model and now we wanna dump one of the few good draft picks they made?

If some WR emerged as a 1/2. (And I'm not talking White, I'm saying in addition to) then maybe you think about it.

Could you imagine the backlash if they let him go and he stays healthy?

Yes really. They have to atleast franchise him. You don't let 26 year old pro bowl players go. You just don't. Everyone always talks about the Packers model and now we wanna dump one of the few good draft picks they made?

If some WR emerged as a 1/2. (And I'm not talking White, I'm saying in addition to) then maybe you think about it.

Could you imagine the backlash if they let him go and he stays healthy?

I agree that you have to sign him, but it cant be for Dez Bryant, AJ Green or Julio Jones money.

This lastest round of injuries is getting out of hand. He didn't practice much of training camp and played in one game so far. If Cutler is a fast healer Alshon is the exact opposite.

I get that Alshon is running full speed more often but why is this lasting so long, they pretty much gave him the whole preseason off. Its not like he tried to play week in and week out during the season.

First it was his ankle and now hammy or the other way around, shit I don't even know anymore what is hurt.

Yes really. They have to atleast franchise him. You don't let 26 year old pro bowl players go. You just don't. Everyone always talks about the Packers model and now we wanna dump one of the few good draft picks they made? If some WR emerged as a 1/2. (And I'm not talking White, I'm saying in addition to) then maybe you think about it. Could you imagine the backlash if they let him go and he stays healthy?

I think some folks are Packer fans in disguise as everyone is up for trade or to be cut. Who is left out of everyone mentioned? Kyle Long?

I agree that you have to sign him, but it cant be for Dez Bryant, AJ Green or Julio Jones money.

This lastest round of injuries is getting out of hand. He didn't practice much of training camp and played in one game so far. If Cutler is a fast healer Alshon is the exact opposite.

I get that Alshon is running full speed more often but why is this lasting so long, they pretty much gave him the whole preseason off. Its not like he tried to play week in and week out during the season.

First it was his ankle and now hammy or the other way around, shit I don't even know anymore what is hurt.

HOLY CRAP!! Would you look at that, we agree on something else?!?!?! And wasn't his rookie year marred with injuries? Our team has really only gotten one good year out of him, his 2nd, that I can count. Granted it was a great one but I mean really....

HOLY CRAP!! Would you look at that, we agree on something else?!?!?! And wasn't his rookie year marred with injuries? Our team has really only gotten one good year out of him, his 2nd, that I can count. Granted it was a great one but I mean really....

He had a thousand yards and 10 TDs last year too. The offense was just dulled down and predictable last year that's why he wasnt as good as year 2......you guys don't really agree, he said you have to sign him.

He's no doubt a building block. Unless you sell out on offense to build a great D.

you guys don't really agree, he said you have to sign him

Are you a fan of adversity? L <_ anyhow i did write: it a one or two year deal ... maybe but man hard pill to swallow for me. which indicates that ok very wary about signing him because of his injuries have concerns is similar what he said. know not exact close.>

Unless you sell out on offense to build a great D.

[/b]

Admittedly I'm more a fan of the brash, smash mouth defense than I am of a sleek offense but I'm not a fan of sacrificing one for the other.