Brees restructures contract

'TD'

Wed, Sep 30

The Saints created $2.6 million in 2015 cap space by converting $5.2 million of Drew Brees' base salary into a signing bonus.

Advice: Brees, signed through next year, now has the league's highest 2016 cap number at $30 million. New Orleans will have to make a quick decision on Brees in the offseason, as $10.75 million of his $19.75 million salary for next year becomes guaranteed on February 10. If the Saints release or trade him, they'll eat $10 million in dead money. Why do this restructure now? Coach Sean Payton said the Saints are looking to improve the roster, specifically mentioning tight end

This is total speculation on my part, and i just read this while looking at fantasy football on yahoo.

I'm not sure what other TE's are on the trading block or in FA, that would warrant restructuring Bree's contract.

Is it possible they are close to a trade for Bennett? We know Pace's Ties to the Saints.