Willie Young wants to be traded

Bears4Ever_34

In trading linebacker Jared Allen to the Panthers, the Bears said the move would allow linebacker Willie Young to get more reps. Young, however, doesn’t want them.

Per a source close to the team, Young asked to be traded in the wake of the Allen deal.

Young, like Allen, prefers playing defensive end in the 4-3 to playing linebacker in the 3-4. Last year as a defensive end in the 4-3, Young had 10 sacks before tearing an Achilles tendon. In three games this year (he didn’t play in Week Three at Seattle), Young has no sacks.

The Bears officially aren’t having a fire sale, but they’ll reportedly listen to anyone who makes an offer. If the Bears believes as Young does that he doesn’t fit in the defense, the Bears should be willing to move on from Young, if they get a decent offer.

Young signed a three-year, $9 million deal before the 2014 season. He has a base salary of $2.45 million this year and next year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/...ne-too/related/

Not surprising at all. He had his hand on the ground a lot more today while the Bears were in nickel and he still didn't make any plays. If we can get a 6th for him, I say let's move on.

With Allen gone now I really want to keep Willie around. I think he'll round into form later in the season and if he goes we are down to just 3 OLB. Unless we trade Young for a OLB/player who fits the scheme better.

I really think that Young and Allen are the same type of player with Young being lol younger.If he can keep his pre-snap penalties to a minimum the I think he can be a keeper. Also his coverage skills need to improve or else when he hits the field teams will know his role.

Now if someone with a 4-3 defense wants to make a mid round draft pick for a guy who isn't playing much right now, you have to listen.

With Allen gone now I really want to keep Willie around. I think he'll round into form later in the season and if he goes we are down to just 3 OLB. Unless we trade Young for a OLB/player who fits the scheme better.

In my opinion, if 2 of McPhee/Acho/Houston go down, I believe they could shift Jones, who hasn't been great in the middle, to OLB. I actually really hoped he got a look there at some point.