NFLDraftScout.Com

lemonej

Meh, DT doesn't make sense with the other needs and him not necessarily being BPA at that point either. Goff is ok, but he would need to have a Heisman worthy year with a a great TD-INT and a high accuracy rate for me to consider him in the top 5.

Meh, DT doesn't make sense with the other needs and him not necessarily being BPA at that point either. Goff is ok, but he would need to have a Heisman worthy year with a a great TD-INT and a high accuracy rate for me to consider him in the top 5.

I want to see Goff throw with better technique when under pressure before throwing away a top 5 pick on a QB.

I've done a lot more homework on Nkemdiche, and I don't think it's unrealistic that he's BPA at 2. Dude has been double and triple teamed since stepping foot in college (was the unanimous top prospect in his high school class, so he got that reputation early).

I really don't think the Bears pick 2nd though. With Jay out there and the defense playing the way it has the last 2 weeks(assuming its legit) I think they pick more in the 5-10 range. So conversation about Goff and Nkemdiche are probably gonna be moot.

I've done a lot more homework on Nkemdiche, and I don't think it's unrealistic that he's BPA at 2. Dude has been double and triple teamed since stepping foot in college (was the unanimous top prospect in his high school class, so he got that reputation early).

I really don't think the Bears pick 2nd though. With Jay out there and the defense playing the way it has the last 2 weeks(assuming its legit) I think they pick more in the 5-10 range. So conversation about Goff and Nkemdiche are probably gonna be moot.

Where would Nkemdiche play in a 3-4?

Boykin probably isn't even a QB at the next level.

I like Goff quite a bit, but there certainly are some questions there. I think Jay sticks a year and the bears draft a QB after the 1R. Kessler is my guy.

Sc I new you and I could do this. Answer me this if Russell Wilson, RG III,Colin Kapernick, Tyrod Taylor and Michael Vick are starting QBs in the NFL why not Boykin? He has surpassed most of Andy Dalton's records at TCU who is currently a staring QB in the NFL.

Sc I new you and I could do this. Answer me this if Russell Wilson, RG III,Colin Kapernick, Tyrod Taylor and Michael Vick are starting QBs in the NFL why not Boykin? He has surpassed most of Andy Dalton's records at TCU who is currently a staring QB in the NFL.

Fair enough, I'm just going off a Bucky Brooks article I read not too long ago. Fwiw though, Russell Wilson is the only guy on that list you would consider a franchise QB. Even he hasn't looked that good this year.

I want to see Goff throw with better technique when under pressure before throwing away a top 5 pick on a QB.

He does throw off his back foot alot, even if he isnt pressured. But the ball is still right where it needs to be.

Good NFL coaching would correct the throwing off the back foot.

I agree with Nkemdiche, the guy is legit. Just watch the replay against Bama. He would play the 5 in a 3-4.

I also agree with you on where the Bears will be picking. I think the Defense and Offense will continue to get better and win some games pushing us out of the top 5 picks.

I wouldnt be upset with Cody Kessler in the later rounds. he is 6'1 215, similar to size as Drew Brees, play in a pro style offense,

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...13/cody-kessler

Sc I also want to ask you about both Goff and Kessler are California guys. How do you project them in this area in the bad weather? BTW what is Kessler's height? How has USC QBS fared in the NFL?

Well Kessler has a game in 2 weeks @ ND so I guess we'll see how he holds up in what is likely cold weather.

Kessler is an inch shorter than Boykin. He's also 2 inches taller than Russell wilson who you used as an example in the last post.

Ah, the ol USC QB convo. Carson Palmer has fared pretty well. Mark Sanchez hasn't been awful with the weapons he's had. Lienart sucked, I'll give ya that......Know who's breaking all those guys records? Cody Kessler.

Cook is bad. He's a marginal NFL starter. Boykin is a WR. I'd be pissed if Cook was the pick at 4.

6'4 220

can make all the throws

goes through reads well

plays in a pro style offense

Biggest negative is when pressured his mechanics breakdown (read this on a draft site) in their words tries to "arm" throw it instead of stepping into the throw

You cant teach size and arm strength but can teach better mechanics...... I wouldn't be unhappy with this pick, from watching game film I like Goff better.

Im with SCS in that I'm hoping Cutler looks good to great the rest of the year and QB will not be a major need next draft. I would much rather add some top tier Defensive talent and add a QB in the later rounds.

First off, MSU does not run a pro style offense. He's in the gun for the majority of his snaps.

Secondly, he's a career 59% passer and is matching those stats again through 5 games this year against very bad competition.

How's Teaching Cutler not to throw off his back for coming?

As far as size, Penn state's qb has good size too but is hot garbage like Cook.

Rookies come to the NFL and learn all the time.

You can't take Cutler's inablility to learn and extrapolate that to mean that only NFL ready players are worthy to draft. There wouldn't even be enough to fill the first round.