NFLDraftScout.Com

lemonej

Cook is bad. He's a marginal NFL starter. Boykin is a WR. I'd be pissed if Cook was the pick at 4.

I am not sure I would like Cook either. He is not even a team captain, which was voted on by teammates. I want a first round difference maker whichever posistion they decide on, QB, CB, S, ILB, DT, or OT. I have my guys and my top 10 go:Goff, Stanley, Nkimdiche, Bosa, Hargreaves, Tunsil, Ramsey, Jaylen Smith LB, M Jack LB, and S Wright LB.

First off, MSU does not run a pro style offense. He's in the gun for the majority of his snaps.

Secondly, he's a career 59% passer and is matching those stats again through 5 games this year against very bad competition.

How's Teaching Cutler not to throw off his back for coming?

As far as size, Penn state's qb has good size too but is hot garbage like Cook.

First off just because they run out of the shotgun a lot doesnt mean they dont run a pro style offense, how often does Tom Brady ling up in the shotgun. One write up of Cook stats they DO run a pro style offense. I have seen alot of MSU games and last year with Langford they lined up with Cook under center a lot. Does MSU run the spread???? Nope.

Cutler under Shanny = pro bowl

Under lovie = nope

under Dr Death = nope

under Gase = looking better

60% completion is not great, Ill give you that. Im sure I can find other college QB's with similar stats that panned out in the NFL tho.

I don't think Cook is bad, but I also don't think he's top 10 worthy. I think he'll be a starting quarterback in the league, but not one who's gonna be a franchise changer. If you have a great D he's someone you can win with, but he wont win games on his own.

Goff is the only top 10 QB in my book, but IMO, he'll go in the top 5 and I don't think we'll get a shot. Which I'm fine with because I think Jay comes back for another year and hopefully gets to play with some healthy weapons.

Get your guy in the 3rd or 4th, play em behind Jay for a year or 2, if he looks like a starter in this league, great, if not grab another one high.

My new mid round QB man crush is Paxton Lynch outta Memphis. CFF shed some light on him and after looking into him, he's my new mid round QB of choice.

Def hoping the Memphis vs Ole Miss game is on TV next weekend.

Travis Wilson is the same type of guy as Lynch, he plays Goff and Cal this weekend what should be a fun one to watch. I like Wilson a bit too.

Both Wilson and Lynch are huge, 6'6" QBs with good mobility. Lynch is the more accurate QB but both are fairly accurate. Like I said, good mobility with the both of em, and with the way Jay had been running, that makes them even more interesting.

Lynch looks great in the 3 games I've watched. MSU actually runs lots of spread concepts out of the gun. I've watched every MSU game this year. Its a 1st then second read offense with lots of power running mixed in.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/...eview/72104824/

Read the first line. Then the second, we are both right. It's a mix of pro and spread.

One of the biggest concern running a spread for a qb is the lack of experience taking snaps under center and footwork involved with it. Connor Cook has plenty of experience taking snaps under center, in the run game, play action and drop back passing.

Either way Connor Cook is not a prospect I think is a no doubt about it NFL caliber QB. I think he is a good college QB but if we are drafting high I would much rather go a different direction.

Let the Browns draft him.

With a lot of teams running some read-option looks,pistol and shotgun including the Bears what is a pro-style offense now? Most of these teams don't go under center until short yardage or goal line situations. I have seen this year Forte split out wide with Cutler in the backfield alone. Why is that not considered "Spread"?

With a lot of teams running some read-option looks,pistol and shotgun including the Bears what is a pro-style offense now? Most of these teams don't go under center until short yardage or goal line situations. I have seen this year Forte split out wide with Cutler in the backfield alone. Why is that not considered "Spread"?

Because the spread has been so successful in college everyone has incorporated a certain amount of it in their offenses.

The spread typically means, QB in the shotgun, WR's (typically 4 or 5 but not always) spread out along the line of scrimmage creating spacing problems for Defenses. Also vertical routes are used more often in a spread to attack the spacing problems created by spreading out the WR's.

A true spread offense would something like what Baylor runs.

There are different variations of the spread, like the Read Option spread. Only difference is the option is ran out of the shotgun.