Forte deserves some props

Chitownhustla

He is so important to this team. He has to be one of the most undervalued RB in the league. Currently he is leading the league in rushing.

If he keeps this up over the course of the year showing no signs of slowing down the Bears better think about resigning him.

I get that RB's after 30 slow down and hope Forte's contract demands are not too high. Maybe he would give the Bears a home town discount.

Unfortunately, I think success will hurt the Bears in this regard. I think if Forte leads the league in rushing, he will naturally expect the bigger contract for more years. And why not? He led the league in rushing! Assuming that happens. And if it does, hometown discounts aren't going to happen.

This isn't like other situations where other teams didn't pick Bears' aging vets. This is not Urlacher or Briggs. Make no mistake, some other team will offer Forte a big contract.

Unfortunately, I think success will hurt the Bears in this regard. I think if Forte leads the league in rushing, he will naturally expect the bigger contract for more years. And why not? He led the league in rushing! Assuming that happens. And if it does, hometown discounts aren't going to happen.

This isn't like other situations where other teams didn't pick Bears' aging vets. This is not Urlacher or Briggs. Make no mistake, some other team will offer Forte a big contract.

Oh yeah His agent is no doubt beating the bushes now. Pace drafts a kid that appears has potential, so smart move for Bears is to offer Matt some $, but not destroy the team to bring him back. I love Matt, he is gutsy and grinds it out but let's face it, 39 and an RB is not a big $ buy. Hell, he's about half my age and I wish I had his problems!

I highly doubt Forte gets anything more than a 2 year deal, maybe an option for a 3rd year.

Yes, he's leading the league in rushing, but among the top 15 only 2 have less ypc. He's been good, but not great running the ball.

I wouldn't hate a 2 year deal, but I also would understand moving on.

even so, given our projected cap space, we may be able to afford it